The Student Room Group

how can i make friends in the final few weeks of 1st year

Thoughts, people seemed to have formed friendship groups already and I've really been struggling cause of my anxiety so I don't really know anyone?
Original post by Anonymous
Thoughts, people seemed to have formed friendship groups already and I've really been struggling cause of my anxiety so I don't really know anyone?

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear this. I feel most people have struggled given the circumstances.

Most societies are just going back to training for a few weeks, so it's not too late to join one. Being more chatty in seminars can help. If you're in halls, then try and be a bit more present in the kitchen and have general chat if you can.
I wouldn't worry though, as I'm sure next year people will be more sociable given COVID is okay. I think it will be like going into first year all over again. To be honest, I made more friends in my second year too and in my experience friendship groups do tend to change slightly each year, so you definitely will still get the chance to make friends.

I hope this helps calm your anxiety surrounding this and feel free to ask anything more
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending