The Student Room Group

mature student to study B.Ost

Hi wondering if you can help, I currently have 2 plans on student finance (approx 16k) and had to leave my bsc early due to having a baby and achieved a DipHe in building surveying a few years ago (part time study) and Did a 1 year full time cert he in speech science . I would like to now study part time again but in Osteopathy.

I would like to know 1- am I eligible for any finance at all? Or not due to previous study?
2- is the college of osteopaths B Ost accepted as a course by you? Would I get funding for it or not as its not a masters?
3- alternatively are there other part time osteopathy courses with the integrated masters that would be accepted (due to my previous study?)

Many thanks
Original post by undecided31
Hi wondering if you can help, I currently have 2 plans on student finance (approx 16k) and had to leave my bsc early due to having a baby and achieved a DipHe in building surveying a few years ago (part time study) and Did a 1 year full time cert he in speech science . I would like to now study part time again but in Osteopathy.

I would like to know 1- am I eligible for any finance at all? Or not due to previous study?
2- is the college of osteopaths B Ost accepted as a course by you? Would I get funding for it or not as its not a masters?
3- alternatively are there other part time osteopathy courses with the integrated masters that would be accepted (due to my previous study?)

Many thanks

Hi there, Osteopathy is not a full time exceptions course which means previous study does affect eligibility.

It could be a part time exceptions course, please confirm the university you are looking at and I can check this.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hiya, it would be part time B Ost with the college of osteopaths.

Hayley
Original post by undecided31
Hiya, it would be part time B Ost with the college of osteopaths.

Hayley

This is an eligible course and your previous study will not affect your eligibility for this course.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending