The Student Room Group

Scammers calling

If ur interested in the story: There are these scammers who almost got me this week i've been aware of the rise in scams recently however these ones claimed to be Royal Mail and as i regularly send parcels a weird coincidence happened where one actually was held at the depot and needed me to pay an extra fee and my recipient asked me to pay it the same time that the scammers sent me very realistic links telling me where to pay it. I'd been getting them for a week and ignored them as they looked scammy but when the person complained about their parcel fee i figured i was wrong to dismiss them as scams and its my fault the parcel was missing. I was so silly but in a panic about the parcel so paid it. anyway nothing left my acc and all is safe now i believe.

But i keep getting phone calls from these scammers, they're usually 07xxxxx UK mobile numbers and as i'm expecting other calls i can't always tell when it's them. I block them as they leave voicemails so i can tell but it's really bothering me now. Is there a way to block such numbers if they keep changing?
Reply 1
Yep, a common occurance. Sometimes they are from 'HSBC', but banks will never contact you.
A recent story on the Royal Mail scam: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-56660334
Similar story manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/fresh-royal-mail-scam-warning-20517613

Best thing to do is report the numbers to this site: https://who-called.co.uk/ so others can see whether it's a scam or not.
Nothing you can do other than keep blocking them, and report for fraud.
Original post by Anonymous
If ur interested in the story: There are these scammers who almost got me this week i've been aware of the rise in scams recently however these ones claimed to be Royal Mail and as i regularly send parcels a weird coincidence happened where one actually was held at the depot and needed me to pay an extra fee and my recipient asked me to pay it the same time that the scammers sent me very realistic links telling me where to pay it. I'd been getting them for a week and ignored them as they looked scammy but when the person complained about their parcel fee i figured i was wrong to dismiss them as scams and its my fault the parcel was missing. I was so silly but in a panic about the parcel so paid it. anyway nothing left my acc and all is safe now i believe.

But i keep getting phone calls from these scammers, they're usually 07xxxxx UK mobile numbers and as i'm expecting other calls i can't always tell when it's them. I block them as they leave voicemails so i can tell but it's really bothering me now. Is there a way to block such numbers if they keep changing?

Uhmmm you can try to communicate better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending