The Student Room Group

How good are my chances in getting into QUB?

I hold an offer for Queen's University Belfast, for the course Film Studies and Production. The grade boundaries are BBB but my Math A-Level started out really badly this year, and since the whole grades situation is messed up again this year, my abysmal mock grade is being factored into my final grade.

I put in the work (at the cost of sleep for an entire month) to get my Math grade up, and I feel as if I barely scraped together a B after getting 91% in a test that's counting to my grade, and what I believe is around 80% in an assessment.

Thing is, I'm not sure, so how lenient would QUB be if I got BBC instead of BBB? Bearing in mind that I think I'll miss the B by only a few percent (like 2).
No-one knows at this stage.

Its always possible because usually courses have some spaces once results are known, but there are no guarantees.
Original post by username5754794
I hold an offer for Queen's University Belfast, for the course Film Studies and Production. The grade boundaries are BBB but my Math A-Level started out really badly this year, and since the whole grades situation is messed up again this year, my abysmal mock grade is being factored into my final grade.

I put in the work (at the cost of sleep for an entire month) to get my Math grade up, and I feel as if I barely scraped together a B after getting 91% in a test that's counting to my grade, and what I believe is around 80% in an assessment.

Thing is, I'm not sure, so how lenient would QUB be if I got BBC instead of BBB? Bearing in mind that I think I'll miss the B by only a few percent (like 2).

Hi username5754794,

Hope you are doing well, I do empathise with all you guys who are not being given a proper chance to showcase their knowledge this year. I am not aware of QUB's policy on the grading systems that are being used durin coronavirus. But what I would say is that they do regularly accept clearing students and they have been more lenient across the board for students during the pandemic. I think these are exceptional circumstances, I would try not to let it consume you and maybe talk to your teacher.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

Team Queen's,
Charlotte, Third year, English and History
Reply 3
Original post by username5754794

Hiya, I applied for the film course as well and my English Lit exam was not the best :frown: hopefully we'll both still get in :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending