The Student Room Group

Job Help

So I have three months of no school and I want to get a job but I don't know what job to get, that pays well. Someone, please help??
Have you registered for job alerts for Indeed yet?
Original post by jennybear
Have you registered for job alerts for Indeed yet?

No, what is it?
Original post by IrrelevantAsMwah
No, what is it?

It's a website that lists job vacancies: https://uk.indeed.com/
Enter your town/city. Under 'what', try entering 'Part time', 'Temporary' or 'Seasonal' to get the best jobs

I'd also recommend looking at local pubs/restaurants near to you and contacting them directly to see if they would be interested in taking you on. Hospitality will be needing a lot of staff over the next few months!
Reply 4
Original post by IrrelevantAsMwah
So I have three months of no school and I want to get a job but I don't know what job to get, that pays well. Someone, please help??

What degree are you planning to "do"?? Getting a job relating to your degree area would be considered a "plus" by a future employer. As an example, if you are planning to do engineering - getting a job at an engineering firm would be a big plus. It's more important that it's in engineering, than what you are paid. Without a degree, the best you could hope for would be a "job" helping a "real" engineer on a project. With luck, and if you show some innate skill, you might get some significant tasks to do. You also might lay the groundwork for a job offer after you graduate. A job in your chosen field, would be far preferable to a job grilling burgers at Mickey D's, even if Mickey paid twice as much. The same goes for you if you are planning careers in medicine, law, physics, etc. Bear in mind, that the real 'decent' income producers are in "STEM" subjects: science, technology, engineering, medicine. You can also include Law in those. Best of luck.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending