The Student Room Group

Any suggestions for a job anyone can do that pays weekly?

Got my driving test on 2nd July and I need about 5 lessons before I'm ready. Problem is I'm broke and have no way of paying for those right now.

Most jobs pay monthly and have a long hiring process like DBS checks and all that, which I don't have time for. I need a fast way to get paid and something I can start immediately. My background is all customer service related so no technical skills really.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Original post by Kaizoku22
Got my driving test on 2nd July and I need about 5 lessons before I'm ready. Problem is I'm broke and have no way of paying for those right now.

Most jobs pay monthly and have a long hiring process like DBS checks and all that, which I don't have time for. I need a fast way to get paid and something I can start immediately. My background is all customer service related so no technical skills really.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You’d probably want a cash in hand job - maybe try going round small, ideally independent shops or cafes with a copy of your cv?
Reply 2
Original post by imogen28
You’d probably want a cash in hand job - maybe try going round small, ideally independent shops or cafes with a copy of your cv?

By that, do you mean cash in hand after each shift or cash in hand at the end of the week? If it's the latter then wouldn't it be the same as getting a job that pays into my bank account weekly?

Regardless, I'll still try those shops though
Original post by Kaizoku22
By that, do you mean cash in hand after each shift or cash in hand at the end of the week? If it's the latter then wouldn't it be the same as getting a job that pays into my bank account weekly?

Regardless, I'll still try those shops though

It’ll depend on the job but most will probably do it weekly. I’m not aware of any jobs really that bank transfer weekly as generally if it’s done by bank transfer it’s more likely to be monthly but maybe there’s something out there!
Royal Mail pay weekly. Or some agency work.
Yeah, agency work is your best bet. Head over to cv-library, glassdoor or any other job board, search "temporary" or "temp" and apply to everything you're qualified to do, some jobs will specifically say "immediate starts". Include experience in your cover letter.
Reply 6
Dog walking/sitting could be a good option as you usually get paid per walk/day
Depending on the area you could look into waitering which can offer flexible hours-some restaurant chains pay weekly into account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending