The Student Room Group

Which One of these universities

I have offers to study Physics at St Andrews, Warwick and UCL to study Physics.

However, I am still unsure on wether Physics is something that I would enjoy. I have looked into joint degrees such as Maths and Physics (to offer slight variety) which I could do at both St Andrews and Warwick but unfortunately not at UCL.

St Andrews obviously has a very flexible degree structure, and Warwick don’t require further maths for their Maths and a Physics course, Unlike UCL who do. (I have not done further Maths.)

However, UCL is arguably in the best location and has great employer reputation being in London. Also a very prestigious university (as they all are somewhat.). So the choice is very difficult.

Any pros and cons of each that I may not have thought of, or any reasons why one university is better than the others (please try to be unbiased, but I understand that it may be difficult.)
Bro they are all super prestigious, you can't go wrong with any of them, well done
Know pretty much nothing about UCL or St Andrews. I would just point out the flexibility of the Warwick degrees (both generally and that mathphys allows you to tweak your physics/maths balance quite a lot) and the strength of the maths department should you want to do a lot of maths. I don't know much about the physics department here, it doesn't necessarily seem top of the top so if you're leaning more on the physics side you might prefer say UCL.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending