Would you date a...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm seeing a girl right now and she wasn't initially my type on paper but since I'm open to dating whoever, I went with it. I've recently discovered she studies History of Art/Art History as her degree and I'm feeling really turned off by it. Is this normal? Is this enough to make someone stop seeing her? Or am I just acting like a bit of a **** lmao?
Ihatewatermelons
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s definitely weird
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ihatewatermelons)
That’s definitely weird
how is it weird? i thought its just a preference you cant change
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.
If you have a dealbreaker connected to educational background, degrees or employment- that's fine.
Last edited by londonmyst; 4 weeks ago
koiinoyok4n
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm seeing a girl right now and she wasn't initially my type on paper but since I'm open to dating whoever, I went with it. I've recently discovered she studies History of Art/Art History as her degree and I'm feeling really turned off by it. Is this normal? Is this enough to make someone stop seeing her? Or am I just acting like a bit of a **** lmao?
ngl yeah that's pretty weird but maybe you should give her a shot
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You're being a bit of a ****. You thought she was perfectly likeable before you found out what degree she's studying right?
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you are nitpicking.

women tend to do that with men they are not that into and find faults with everything. faults they would not even see or readily overlook if they were more attracted to him.

I'm assuming you're a male so I guess men do it too with girls they're not that into
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by koiinoyok4n)
ngl yeah that's pretty weird but maybe you should give her a shot
Especially the OP might be her first
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
It's up to you. You're allowed to have whatever preferences and dealbreakers you want. She isn't entitled to a relationship.
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
High Society types usually study that degree, its all good
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Reminds of when I tell guys I study FurtherMaths at a level, I tend to find it scares off the insecure guys lmfao..
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 4 weeks ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's up to you. You're allowed to have whatever preferences and dealbreakers you want. She isn't entitled to a relationship.
PRSOM.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
Reminds of when I tell guys I study FurtherMaths at a level, I tend to find it scares off the insecure guys lmfao..
That's never happened to me they just look impressed and continue the conversation
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If that's enough to turn you off, you were probably looking for an excuse already.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You really need to get to know her more.
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's never happened to me they just look impressed and continue the conversation
That was a bit of an exaggeration ngl, but you get what I'm trying to say about the OP here lol.
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 4 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
That was a bit of an exaggeration ngl, but you get what I'm trying to say about the OP here lol.
I don't have an overly strong view on this tbh.

But to play devil's advocate slightly, surely OP's allowed to have preferences and dealbreakers? A girl isn't entitled to a relationship just because she studies an "academic subject".
Anonymous #1
i would rather she studied something like that. an intensive/"smart" course like CompSci, Engineering, Medicine, Business (like me.) I want to have a more that capable girl tbh and taking a degree like history of art just seems like she puts her heart over her head because she has a safety net to fall back onto.
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A girl isn't entitled to a relationship just because she studies an "academic subject".
I never said that or implied that lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
You're being a bit of a ****. You thought she was perfectly likeable before you found out what degree she's studying right?
(Original post by ANM775)
you are nitpicking.

women tend to do that with men they are not that into and find faults with everything. faults they would not even see or readily overlook if they were more attracted to him.

I'm assuming you're a male so I guess men do it too with girls they're not that into
(Original post by Theloniouss)
If that's enough to turn you off, you were probably looking for an excuse already.
my bad, I'm starting to think I was already looking for an excuse before I started even dating her. Little things she did like phrases she would say would just strike me as annoying and I wouldn't want to talk to her. And i wouldn't like to initiate conversation either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
23.11%
Excited but a bit nervous (107)
44.96%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.45%
I'm really nervous (44)
18.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed