Ayushi bedi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, how is the job market in uk for msc finance graduates now that PSW is being offered?
BenRyan99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ayushi bedi)
Hi guys, how is the job market in uk for msc finance graduates now that PSW is being offered?
I think there's two important points here. Firstly, most banking early career recruitment is done at the undergraduate level in the UK rather than after a master's. Most entry-level roles are allocated to previous interns with most of the rest coming from people who've just graduated from undergrad. A fair few people do indeed come after a postgrad degree but the majority are from undergrad level in the UK.

Secondly, the job market massively depends on your previous work experience and which uni you do your MSc Finance at. If you've got to the end of your master's without getting any significant relevant work experience then that might be a bit of a worry. Regarding unis, for postgrad you've really got to go to any of LSE, Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL, LBS or maybe Warwick. Any unis below these and your chances are much slimmer, still possible of course, anything is after all, but you do sorta need to go to these MSc Finance courses to stand at least a moderate chance at getting a decent Finance job in London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
29.9%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
10.31%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
53.61%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise