The Student Room Group

Weight loss tips over summer

I’ve always been overweight but i’ve kept losing weight and gaining it back over the past 2 years. I’m planning to walk 10,000 steps everyday but i’m not sure what to do with meals? I am a very picky eater and hate the texture of vegetables so most healthy meals i see online are really not appealing. Does anyone know what other meals i could make (that are simple/healthy) or somewhere i could find meals like that? And just generally how do i lose weight fast because i’m 85kg and want to get down to like 60kg before October.
Use my fitness pal to track calories and snacks to remain in your calorie goal.
I use shreddy to help with exercise, walking 10000 will not do it for you! Shreddy(vegan) also recommend meal options, and so does my fitness pal. I would recommend just experimenting with making healthy meals that you like. Social media is also a really great place for this
Maybe overnight oats or a smoothies for breakfast. Even toast is low calories (2 buttered slice's with marmite approx 200 cal)
Just be healthy, being thin or fat is not nessecarily healthy and not nessecarily unhealthy. Educate yourself about your body type, metabolism, healthy weight. You could always try slimming world or something to find recipes
slimming world ready meals are super easy and dont taste healthy:smile:
Reply 3
Don't lose weight fast; a healthy and sustainable rate is up to 1kg a week.

Can you manage vegetables in things like curry or stir-fry, when they are in a sauce? Which texture don't you like, can you eat raw veg? If you ok with crunchy, you can put things like raw carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, sugar snaps in salads.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
Don't lose weight fast; a healthy and sustainable rate is up to 1kg a week.

Can you manage vegetables in things like curry or stir-fry, when they are in a sauce? Which texture don't you like, can you eat raw veg? If you ok with crunchy, you can put things like raw carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn, sugar snaps in salads.

I can eat it if it’s like in a sauce but there’s no bits? So if it was processed together to be smooth. I can have raw lettuce and cucumber because i usually add some lemon to it so it tastes decent. Carrots aren’t too bad on their own but if it was in pasta sauce or something then i couldn’t do that.
Just cut out fatty foods and be on a calorie deficit - I did this and was losing around 2-3lb a week. I also walked a lot as well

Quick Reply

Latest