The Student Room Group

Should I let continue with him/ Islam

Salam to you all

me and this guy get on really well mashallah and are planning to get married after we finish school so in a few years time but I’m worried if I should end it.
Reason being is that I believe me and him although are very good friends and have been for years I don’t think he’s someone I should marry
This is because me and him see our deen and place our deen very differently, I put my deen first before anything and of course only Allah knows what he does and what’s in his heart but I believe he’s a practicing Muslim or if he prays.
I make duas regularly for Allah to guide his heart closer to Islam but nothings changed yet, Allah knows best.
He has all the best qualities a guy can have but not the most important of all which is his deen so I’m worried.
I know if we do get married this would become a problem so shall I end our friendship/situationship now before we fall in too deep?
Yeah, I'd end the "relationship", it's for the best. Your requirements aren't compatible with someone like him, so it'd be difficult for you.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your feelings are telling you. :smile:
You have the right to set your own dealbreakers and only be willing to accept a potential spouse who will be compatible with your lifestyle & future ambitions.
But do remember that if your dealbreakers are far too extensive or take no account of ,

I support interfaith marriage but have a long list of dating dealbreakers.
While two of my female friends are religious fundamentalists and only willing to marry co-religionist guys who have almost identical lifestyles, ambitions and family backgrounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending