The Student Room Group

Has anyone here ever been in this situation??

I am a first year (level 4) student and I missed the referral assessments for three modules out of 5 this year.

I have contacted lecturers to speak about it but I am awaiting a response and quite nervous for obvious reasons.

Has anyone here been in this situation (or a similar one) before, or know anyone who has? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks.
Original post by throwaway107
I am a first year (level 4) student and I missed the referral assessments for three modules out of 5 this year.

I have contacted lecturers to speak about it but I am awaiting a response and quite nervous for obvious reasons.

Has anyone here been in this situation (or a similar one) before, or know anyone who has? If so, what was the outcome?

Thanks.

Hi there!

You might have to give some more detail here since I haven't heard anything about referral assessments? What are they and do they form part of the assessment criteria for each of the modules concerns?

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there!

You might have to give some more detail here since I haven't heard anything about referral assessments? What are they and do they form part of the assessment criteria for each of the modules concerns?

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Referral assessments are for those who didn't pass the original exams/assignments/practicals.
Original post by throwaway107
Hey, thanks for the reply.

Referral assessments are for those who didn't pass the original exams/assignments/practicals.

Hi there!

Okay, well I would try and approach the resits pragmatically - I assume they will be capped at 40% (i.e. the pass mark). So in this case you need to make sure you devote significant attention to each module resit, since failing one would mean that you failed the year, in addition, you should consider what module you find most challenging since you will need to pay particular attention to that module.

Try and develop a revision / practice plan as soon as possible based upon the above, and perhaps with some guidance from your academic tutor. I wish you good luck and I hope that you pass the year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending