The Student Room Group

Applying for the NHS £5K grant

Do I need to wait to receive my confirmation letter from Student Finance England before I can apply for the NHS grant? When I try to apply for the grant it asks me to upload evidence that I've applied for a loan. Student Finance says it takes at least 6 weeks to process applications though? Can I upload the email I received that proves I've applied, or must it be the confirmation letter I receive once Student Finance England accepts my application?
Original post by rubyge_
Do I need to wait to receive my confirmation letter from Student Finance England before I can apply for the NHS grant? When I try to apply for the grant it asks me to upload evidence that I've applied for a loan. Student Finance says it takes at least 6 weeks to process applications though? Can I upload the email I received that proves I've applied, or must it be the confirmation letter I receive once Student Finance England accepts my application?

@Emily_B you' may know better than myself on how SFE does things !!!

You'll need proof of your place at university for when applying for your NHS bursary / grant before submitting it to SFE .

You couple give SFE a call to ask them if you can upload things and then submit your letter once recieve it but I doubt they will do it this way.
Reply 2
Original post by Allyson2020
@Emily_B you' may know better than myself on how SFE does things !!!

You'll need proof of your place at university for when applying for your NHS bursary / grant before submitting it to SFE .

You couple give SFE a call to ask them if you can upload things and then submit your letter once recieve it but I doubt they will do it this way.

I'll be honest, I have no idea! (I'm one of those that never had to take out a penny of student loan for my nursing degree).

I assume that, from the wording, they just need proof of an application to SFE rather than proof of a successful application, which OP has already made.
Original post by Emily_B
I'll be honest, I have no idea! (I'm one of those that never had to take out a penny of student loan for my nursing degree).

I assume that, from the wording, they just need proof of an application to SFE rather than proof of a successful application, which OP has already made.

Thanks Emily as I wasn't sure either, but like you said the OP probably did what required for this.
I wouldn't want to take out separate student loan out as bursary was fine for things as having a part-time job to help was okay for me.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Emily_B

Thank you for all your replies!! This NHS grant is separate to SFE but I’ll try uploading proof that I’ve applied to SFE for a loan and see what happens as I think it will be another 3/4 weeks until I get my confirmation letter from SFE. NHS haven’t asked for my acceptation letter from my uni yet!! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by rubyge_
This NHS grant is separate to SFE

Yeah I know... that bit's not changed (and won't) since I had an NHS bursary :colondollar:

Original post by rubyge_
I’ll try uploading proof that I’ve applied to SFE for a loan and see what happens as I think it will be another 3/4 weeks until I get my confirmation letter from SFE.

Good idea.

Original post by rubyge_
NHS haven’t asked for my acceptation letter from my uni yet!!

From what I remember, they do ask for university details so they can verify it - although depending what other stuff they ask for from SFE, this may well have university details on anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest