The Student Room Group

If you could bring back any shop, what would it be?

If you could bring back any shop at all, what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

For me it would be Dorothy Perkins and that's entertainment
Bevis Marks The Restaurant, Blockbuster, Blooms deli & restaurants, Henri Bendel, Titanics and Three Cooks Bakery. :cry:
Reply 3
Woolworths; although apparently, it lives on?
Original post by Stb1750
Woolworths; although apparently, it lives on?

Does it?
Woolworths! I know they supposedly have their online store (?) but we need to see the return of Woolies to the high street in my opinion
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
Does it?

Apparently so, I think it's either online or in Australia? Or an online store in Australia.
Reply 7
Original post by Emma:-)
For me it would be Dorothy Perkins and that's entertainment

Dorothy Perkins is still around, isn't it?
Original post by volka
Dorothy Perkins is still around, isn't it?

Online, yes.
But the shops themselves have all gone.
Original post by Stb1750
Apparently so, I think it's either online or in Australia? Or an online store in Australia.

Oh right I see
I found Woolies online! It's a South African retailer now. Don't ask me how my mind came up with Australia haha
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Stb1750
I found Woolies online! It's a South African retailer now. Don't ask me how my mind came up with Australia haha

I'm pretty sure there's a Woolworths in Aus but it's completely different to our Woolies. I've seen them in vlogs and things, but I'm sure when I looked into it it was a completely different store :smile:
Reply 12
Good Ole Woolies!
Woolies: well worth it :yep: :rip: :moon:
Woolworths, closely followed by BHS
Blockbuster, Comet, Netto and Somerfield
Adams. I still remember the bag.
(edited 2 years ago)
Woolworths, without a shadow of a doubt. I still have the Wooly and Worth soft toys.
Reply 18
Original post by londonmyst
Bevis Marks The Restaurant, Blockbuster, Blooms deli & restaurants, Henri Bendel, Titanics and Three Cooks Bakery. :cry:

I heard there was still one left in America ...but I can't see how Blockbuster Video could make a world wide comeback these days as the marketplace has changed DRAMATICALLY from the 90s (when the franchise was popular) and people just get their videos via digital streaming, and there's even psnow for playstation games streaming......

Borders

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending