The Student Room Group

clearing experience

Can people please tell me about their experience from going through clearing please.
Hi, I went through clearing back before attending university to get into my undergraduate in 2018. To be quite honest, it was a stressful experience. Partly because I was abroad, which I certainly would not recommend doing, and partly because it was so unexpected for me. I think if you are prepared for it, it isn't as stressful of a process though. It is quite fast-paced in terms of how quickly the places can be filled so be prepared and maybe try and recruit some friends and/or family to call up places as well as yourself to make sure you secure the courses and/or universities that you're interested in.
Original post by fatimah_03
Can people please tell me about their experience from going through clearing please.

I went through clearing in 2019. I agree with the previous poster, it’s massively fast paced and it’s quite difficult not to get overwhelmed (in my case, anyway) particularly if you’ve been rejected by your firm/insurance and so it’s unexpected and you not going to where you thought you were going to...
Original post by thegalaxy
I went through clearing in 2019. I agree with the previous poster, it’s massively fast paced and it’s quite difficult not to get overwhelmed (in my case, anyway) particularly if you’ve been rejected by your firm/insurance and so it’s unexpected and you not going to where you thought you were going to...

How long does it take for the uni to reply to your clearing choice? I got a verbal offer, added them as my clearing choice but haven't got an update on whether my place is confirmed or not.

Hey!

How are you? :smile:

I thought you might find these blog posts from our students useful:
My Clearing experience: choosing Pharmacy
Transferring to the University of Bradford: My experience with Clearing
My Clearing journey and top tips for prospective students

Good luck with everything!

Becky

Hi there,
Is clearing something you're considering? What course are you looking to apply for?
You may find these case studies from our students useful who has experienced applying through clearing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending