The Student Room Group

University clothes

Hi everyone,
I'm starting university in September and I was unsure of how many pairs of clothes to bring. The way I'm currently thinking about dividing clothes into categories is :
- Casual clothing (e.g. lectures)
-Going out clothes (e.g. freshers, clubbing, nights out)
- Loungewear (e.g. for halls)
-PJs

I am unsure how many of each to bring and if I ve missed any occasions.
Just bring whatever clothes you normally wear now. Unless you have unusually large amounts of clothing, you probably may as well just bring all of your clothes.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lillylove123
Hi everyone,
I'm starting university in September and I was unsure of how many pairs of clothes to bring. The way I'm currently thinking about dividing clothes into categories is :
-PJs

Hi there

I think that sounds like a great list, but I'd also maybe add in there some exercise-type clothes in case you fancy joining any of the clubs/societies, joining the gym or even just for going for a walk :smile:

In terms of how much to pack I can't advise (I'm a terrible over-packer, even just for a weekend!) but hopefully someone else will have some suggestions!

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
Original post by lillylove123
Hi everyone,
-PJs

Hi @lillylove123,

Only bring clothes with you that you actually wear. I made the mistake of bringing loads of clothes with me that I never wore and it cluttered my room and was a nightmare to pack! Remember that if you forget something you can always buy it when you're there/borrow it off a friend. If I were to add anything to your list I'd add any sports/outdoorsy clothing that you have. You and your friends might decide you want a day out somewhere muddier than usual!

Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending