The Student Room Group

Covid

How long after exposure you showed symptoms for covid?
Original post by Anonymous
How long after exposure you showed symptoms for covid?

How soon before symptoms start can someone infected with COVID-19 be contagious.......

People who have COVID-19 can infect others from around 2 days before symptoms start, and for up to 10 days after. They can pass the infection to others, even if they have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, which is why they must stay at home.
Original post by Tracey_W
People who have COVID-19 can infect others from around 2 days before symptoms start, and for up to 10 days after. They can pass the infection to others, even if they have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all, which is why they must stay at home.

You could say a similar thing about any respiratory virus, Flu, common cold etc. All highly contagious and all could kill a vulnerable person. But we never insisted that people with those conditions stay at home and isolate. Perhaps we should? It's hypocritical to just insist on it for Covid.
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
You could say a similar thing about any respiratory virus, Flu, common cold etc. All highly contagious and all could kill a vulnerable person. But we never insisted that people with those conditions stay at home and isolate. Perhaps we should? It's hypocritical to just insist on it for Covid.

Its what the health authorities states about each and individual virus as it those who sets out the rules on this.

I agree it should be for all viral infections cases that people should stay at home but unfortunately how many actually do this...!!!

I know I must do this as not allowed in my workplace with any signs of a viral infection to stop spread of it,
It’s usually 2 days but I believe it can be as many as 6

Quick Reply

Latest