The Student Room Group

ANSWER THE QUESTION DAMN YOUR EYES | a year 11 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AestheticStudying
omg, it's the tsr harry styles lover :biggrin: Haven't seen u on here in a while, how r u?
Personally I like reading mangas :colondollar: Wbu?

you remember me omg !
i'm great thanks! i have my gcse mocks again next week so i've been revising smhh. how are you ?
i've never read mangas, what is it?
ahh i like reading romance books :smile:
Original post by harlz_chalamet
you remember me omg !
i'm great thanks! i have my gcse mocks again next week so i've been revising smhh. how are you ?
i've never read mangas, what is it?
ahh i like reading romance books :smile:

it's funny I always seem to remember random stuff like tsr users even if I haven't spoken to them much but I can never remember useful stuff :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that! Omg, good luck! I'm sure u'll smash them :biggrin:
I'm not too bad myself, just been revising - istg Computer science is gonna kill me 😭
Ah basically mangas are like Japanese comics in a sense - sometimes they are the book versions of animes (u've heard of anime right) but honestly they are so good!
Omg romance books are so good! :yep: - there's this one author who someone recommended me and I think you might like them, Colleen Hoover - apparently they've got some romance books and some really emotional ones too and u might like them :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)
it's funny I always seem to remember random stuff like tsr users even if I haven't spoken to them much but I can never remember useful stuff :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that! Omg, good luck! I'm sure u'll smash them :biggrin:
I'm not too bad myself, just been revising - istg Computer science is gonna kill me 😭
Ah basically mangas are like Japanese comics in a sense - sometimes they are the book versions of animes (u've heard of anime right) but honestly they are so good!
Omg romance books are so good! :yep: - there's this one author who someone recommended me and I think you might like them, Colleen Hoover - apparently they've got some romance books and some really emotional ones too and u might like them :biggrin:

HAHAHA DW SAME LMFAO
thanks dude! you too :smile:
bro choosing computer science itself would have killed me 😭
ohhh yes i've heard of anime haha, not the biggest fan myself but yess
YOU KNOW WHO COLLEEN HOOVER IS OMGGGG SHE'S MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR
this is so fun bonding with youuuu
i've read: it ends with us, ugly love, november 9th by her and i can't wait for 'it starts with us' AHHHH
HAHAHA DW SAME LMFAO
thanks dude! you too :smile:
bro choosing computer science itself would have killed me 😭
ohhh yes i've heard of anime haha, not the biggest fan myself but yess
YOU KNOW WHO COLLEEN HOOVER IS OMGGGG SHE'S MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR
this is so fun bonding with youuuu
i've read: it ends with us, ugly love, november 9th by her and i can't wait for 'it starts with us' AHHHH

hehe :biggrin:
nws and ty! :h:
nah cus I swear if I get to the end of y11 and get at least a pass in computer science I'm gonna be so surprised I haven't died 😭
anime is good ngl but then again it depends on what anime genre you like - if u like romance books there are a few romance animes you might like :colondollar:
OMG SHE IS?! I'm thinking of starting to read some her books :biggrin: Which ones do u think I should start with?
hehe :hugs:
omg u don't understand the amount of times I've walked into waterstones and been so tempted to buy it ends with us - is it a good read?
nws and ty! :h:
nah cus I swear if I get to the end of y11 and get at least a pass in computer science I'm gonna be so surprised I haven't died 😭
anime is good ngl but then again it depends on what anime genre you like - if u like romance books there are a few romance animes you might like :colondollar:
OMG SHE IS?! I'm thinking of starting to read some her books :biggrin: Which ones do u think I should start with?
hehe :hugs:
omg u don't understand the amount of times I've walked into waterstones and been so tempted to buy it ends with us - is it a good read?

OMG HAHAHA! what do you even do in computer science 😭
hmmm maybe you could recommend me some 😉
YES SHE'S BLOODY AMAZING!!! DUDE WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN
ugly love by Colleen Hoover is my personal favourite.
water stones is like my 2nd home. It ends with us is amazingly good, if you don't mind there being some sexual assault. it get's really deep but it's a phenomenal book fr
OMG HAHAHA! what do you even do in computer science 😭
hmmm maybe you could recommend me some 😉
YES SHE'S BLOODY AMAZING!!! DUDE WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN
ugly love by Colleen Hoover is my personal favourite.
water stones is like my 2nd home. It ends with us is amazingly good, if you don't mind there being some sexual assault. it get's really deep but it's a phenomenal book fr

basically, we learn about the different parts of a computer's motherboard, about different security systems, networks, topologies, storage, memory etc and then we do coding :biggrin:
just my forte :u: - okay so I'd say: Horimiya (its about this nerd boy who secretly has piercings and tattoos and a popular high school girl and them becoming friends and try and be more than friends, im not gonna go into more detail cus I don't want to spoil it :colondollar: ). another I'd recommend Your lie in April - I haven't watched it but my friend has and he says its really good but what I do know about it is its about this boy who plays the piano and is a prodigy and then somehow after having a mental breakdown he loses his sense of hearing but only when he plays the piano and then he meets this girl who plays the violin and she plays alongside him and they bond and i think they fall in love).

Ur giving me every reason to go and start reading her books :yep:
u wanna know what my 2nd home is? Ikea :lol:
hmmm I might give it a try! If i do end up reading it, I'll let u know how I found it :h:
basically, we learn about the different parts of a computer's motherboard, about different security systems, networks, topologies, storage, memory etc and then we do coding :biggrin:
just my forte :u: - okay so I'd say: Horimiya (its about this nerd boy who secretly has piercings and tattoos and a popular high school girl and them becoming friends and try and be more than friends, im not gonna go into more detail cus I don't want to spoil it :colondollar: ). another I'd recommend Your lie in April - I haven't watched it but my friend has and he says its really good but what I do know about it is its about this boy who plays the piano and is a prodigy and then somehow after having a mental breakdown he loses his sense of hearing but only when he plays the piano and then he meets this girl who plays the violin and she plays alongside him and they bond and i think they fall in love).

Ur giving me every reason to go and start reading her books :yep:
u wanna know what my 2nd home is? Ikea :lol:
hmmm I might give it a try! If i do end up reading it, I'll let u know how I found it :h:

that is very cool indeed, i don't understand it, but very cool indeed 😭
the only thing i ever know about computer science is binary haha

GAH DAYUM THAT SOUNDS GOOD. that guy with the secret tattoos too 😫
hmmmm i might consider now you have easily persuaded me hehe

it's bloody amazing, that's whyyyy. we love Atlas Corrigan. apparently It ends with us is going to be made as a movie - so make sure you read it before watching it!
Ikea is bae. and Costco is too: the food samples 😍
ahhh please do, i'll keep ya updated if i read Horimiya :smile:
that is very cool indeed, i don't understand it, but very cool indeed 😭
the only thing i ever know about computer science is binary haha

GAH DAYUM THAT SOUNDS GOOD. that guy with the secret tattoos too 😫
hmmmm i might consider now you have easily persuaded me hehe

it's bloody amazing, that's whyyyy. we love Atlas Corrigan. apparently It ends with us is going to be made as a movie - so make sure you read it before watching it!
Ikea is bae. and Costco is too: the food samples 😍
ahhh please do, i'll keep ya updated if i read Horimiya :smile:

it sounds cool but it's hella confusing 😭
omg binary!!! I thought it was cool at the beginning but then my teacher went onto how to convert binary and my brain sad bye-

NAH BUT LIKE U DONT UNDERSTAND HE LOOKS SO COOLLLLL
omg, u definitely should!

ooh a book now possibly being made as a movie - Now that's what we call a quality book :yep:
Ikea is life I live there at this point with the amount of hours I spend in there :colondollar: omg costco is bestie, the food samples just make it 100x better :yep:
omg yes deffo keep me updated if u do read it! :biggrin:
it sounds cool but it's hella confusing 😭
omg binary!!! I thought it was cool at the beginning but then my teacher went onto how to convert binary and my brain sad bye-

NAH BUT LIKE U DONT UNDERSTAND HE LOOKS SO COOLLLLL
omg, u definitely should!

ooh a book now possibly being made as a movie - Now that's what we call a quality book :yep:
Ikea is life I live there at this point with the amount of hours I spend in there :colondollar: omg costco is bestie, the food samples just make it 100x better :yep:
omg yes deffo keep me updated if u do read it! :biggrin:

AHHH SADDDD
all i know is that binary is like 10101010100010101010101010 over and over again haha

OKAY IMMA SEARCH HIM UP RIGHT NOW
HE'S SO TALL OMGGG

FRRR costco makes my life amazing!! the giant pizzas at costco 😍
okayy 🤪
AHHH SADDDD
all i know is that binary is like 10101010100010101010101010 over and over again haha

OKAY IMMA SEARCH HIM UP RIGHT NOW
HE'S SO TALL OMGGG

FRRR costco makes my life amazing!! the giant pizzas at costco 😍
okayy 🤪

the question is do you know how much that is in denary (aka the system of 0-9 we use)? :lol: I'm gonna be really surprised if u know how to do it :eek:

THE TATTOOS U DONT UNDERSTAND THEY LOOK SO COOL 😫
omg the pizzas! top notch :yep:
the question is do you know how much that is in denary (aka the system of 0-9 we use)? :lol: I'm gonna be really surprised if u know how to do it :eek:

THE TATTOOS U DONT UNDERSTAND THEY LOOK SO COOL 😫
omg the pizzas! top notch :yep:

now wtaf is denary 😭
guys with tattoos oh ma gawdd 😩

yk what GCSEs are you doing?
now wtaf is denary 😭
guys with tattoos oh ma gawdd 😩

yk what GCSEs are you doing?

basically u know how our number system is using 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 9? Well, that's denary numbers and so converting binary to denary is those numbers we use in our number system. so lets take 0101 - in denary that would be 5 :biggrin:
Don't get me started 😩

I do combined science, French, Computer Science, Textiles and RS (religious studies) and then obviously maths and english :biggrin:
wbu?
basically u know how our number system is using 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 & 9? Well, that's denary numbers and so converting binary to denary is those numbers we use in our number system. so lets take 0101 - in denary that would be 5 :biggrin:
Don't get me started 😩

I do combined science, French, Computer Science, Textiles and RS (religious studies) and then obviously maths and english :biggrin:
wbu?

what the actual **** bro 😂😂

I think I’ll pass haha

Omg okay so I do: triple science, higher maths, french, drama, cooking, geography and then English

English sucks 😀
what the actual **** bro 😂😂

I think I’ll pass haha

Omg okay so I do: triple science, higher maths, french, drama, cooking, geography and then English

English sucks 😀

Nah cus that's literally worth like 4 marks on the exam paper 💀

imagine being smart enough to do triple science and higher maths, I could never 😭

English is not too bad at my school but then again I have a teacher who dgaf if ur not paying attention and playing games on ur laptop. But then again the literature bit is pretty fun :biggrin:
Nah cus that's literally worth like 4 marks on the exam paper 💀

imagine being smart enough to do triple science and higher maths, I could never 😭

English is not too bad at my school but then again I have a teacher who dgaf if ur not paying attention and playing games on ur laptop. But then again the literature bit is pretty fun :biggrin:

4 MARKS JEEZUS 😭

Tehehe BUT YOURE SMART ENOUGH FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE REMEMBER !?! 😤🙂

I wish! My English teacher doesn’t even let me talk in lesson at all arghhh
I agree literature is decent. We are doing Macbeth an inspector calls and a Christmas carol. What texts are you doing?
4 MARKS JEEZUS 😭

Tehehe BUT YOURE SMART ENOUGH FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE REMEMBER !?! 😤🙂

I wish! My English teacher doesn’t even let me talk in lesson at all arghhh
I agree literature is decent. We are doing Macbeth an inspector calls and a Christmas carol. What texts are you doing?

yeah 4 marks 💀

BESTIE U SHOULD SEE ME IN CODING 💀 I have no clue where I am or what I'm doing :colondollar:

damn 😭😭😭
oooh very nice combinations! We've only covered Inspector calls so far :colondollar:
yeah 4 marks 💀

BESTIE U SHOULD SEE ME IN CODING 💀 I have no clue where I am or what I'm doing :colondollar:

damn 😭😭😭
oooh very nice combinations! We've only covered Inspector calls so far :colondollar:

bestie’s really James Bond 2.0 with the coding skills 😭😩

Ahhh, wait do you have enough time for your 2 other texts because exams are only 3 months away?? Ohhh wait unless you’re a yr10 then that makes a lot more sense.

‘Girls of that class’ - mrs fcking Birling 😭
bestie’s really James Bond 2.0 with the coding skills 😭😩

Ahhh, wait do you have enough time for your 2 other texts because exams are only 3 months away?? Ohhh wait unless you’re a yr10 then that makes a lot more sense.

‘Girls of that class’ - mrs fcking Birling 😭

PLSSSS 😭😭

Im in y10 yh :biggrin: ur in y11 right?

U have no idea how much Mrs birling aggravates me :angry: Literally my whole English class are the Mrs Birling Hate club 🤩
PLSSSS 😭😭

Im in y10 yh :biggrin: ur in y11 right?

U have no idea how much Mrs birling aggravates me :angry: Literally my whole English class are the Mrs Birling Hate club 🤩

OHHH that makes so much more sense. yepp i'm in yr11 haha

FRRR ARGHHHHH WHY SHE TREAT SHEILA LIKE THAT FFS
Original post by Icosagon
I’m sorry I’m replying to this 3 weeks later - but super good luck for your mocks now and you’re going to smash them!
I do have more mocks - in fact in the next few weeks. But with those written mocks, I have two practical exams - food tech and textiles and they’re taking up most of my time right now. AGRHRHRHHHHHH
Anyway, don’t worry about replying to this because I can tell it’s super busy for you from your blog but good luck - all your hard work will pay off :smile:

hey babe, don’t worry about replying late lol🥲🥲 i have absolutely been there before and i know you’ve probably been really busy, so no need to apologise <3

ABOUT MOCKS: THEY STARTED LAST WEEK MONDAY AND ENDED YESTERDAY. I MISSED THE ENTIRETY OF THE FIRST WEEK BECAUSE I TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID ON THE SUNDAY….. i’m not sure whether that was good or terrible timing, but it meant i only had to do 3 exams when i got back, which is better than like 10 lol. i’m actually writing a blog post about that later where i’ll elaborate on my feelings on that and like “what now that i’ve missed so many exams” so you can read that later since i don’t want to write an entire speech here😅

HAVE YOU DONE YOUR MOCKS YET??? IF NOT, ARE THEY SOON??? how’s revision going for that? don’t stress, good luck for whenever they are, i know you’ll do amazing💗💗💗 feel free to yell if you ever need some help or a motivation talk or for me to reciprocate how supportive you’ve been to me (thanks btw!!) <3

YOUR PRACTICAL EXAMS….. HOW ARE YOU FEELING???? i am exactly the same in that, for a while, all of my time went to my textiles coursework </3 BUT I HANDED IT IN TODAY AND MY TEACHER CALLED IT “TOP GRADE” SO IM FINALLY FREE FROM MY TEXTILES NEA!!!!

what do/did you have to do for both pieces of coursework? i’m more interested in food tech because i didn’t take it, but also textiles because we might be using different exam boards (i’m eduqas)

anyway, again, thanks so much for your good luck wishes and your support and blah blah blah!!! take care of yourself and don’t worry about replying to this :smile:

<— i feel like all of our subsequent exchanges are going to end with “don’t worry about replying to this” because of how stressful yr11 is and the fact we know what each other is going through lol

okay bye fr MWAH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending