The Student Room Group

if I click request reference on my UCAS application to my uni tutor....

if I click request reference on my UCAS application to go to my uni tutor so they can fill in a reference, am I still able to edit my personal statement, qualifications school history etc....
Reply 1
Original post by Leaf.
if I click request reference on my UCAS application to go to my uni tutor so they can fill in a reference, am I still able to edit my personal statement, qualifications school history etc....

pretty sure u can
Reply 2
Original post by NI52
pretty sure u can

im reading conflicting information. Just googled It and people say you can't. also tried to send reference request and it says must fill in education details before I send. so maybe not?
Reply 3
Original post by Leaf.
im reading conflicting information. Just googled It and people say you can't. also tried to send reference request and it says must fill in education details before I send. so maybe not?

Ive asked someone rn, they said they don't think so too.
Reply 4
Original post by NI52
Ive asked someone rn, they said they don't think so too.

thats really annoying so you have to have everything finalised before bloody getting a reference. Thats very irritating.
Are you applying as an independent applicant - or through your school?
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Are you applying as an independent applicant - or through your school?

independent
Until you have completed Pay/Send the application is still 'yours' to edit.
Reply 8
Until you have completed Pay/Send the application is still 'yours' to edit.

So I can still edit the qualifications, personal statement, education history etc? It's weird bc on UCAS atm I haven't got anything filled in for education history and qualifications, and when I click request reference, it FORCES me to fill something in....which makes me worried that I have to fill it in properly or it won't let me add qualifications after requesting reference etc
(edited 2 years ago)
If you want to be certain, phone UCAS in the morning.
Reply 10
If you want to be certain, phone UCAS in the morning.

Yes good idea. I was forcing myself to send an email to my tutor rn, explaining the situation and panicking thinking I’m delaying him bc of this. But it’s better if I confirm completely with UCAS tomorrow and then email my tutor instead of confusing him with my crazy panic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending