The Student Room Group

My new housemate is disgusting

She never does the dishes, has obnoxiously loud sex and twice has left giant poos in our shared toilet.

Say something?
Teach her about basic etiquette.
Install a hidden camera.
Original post by Anonymous
Install a hidden camera.

What's the point in that? OP already knows who the culprit is. Better install visible cameras so the offender knows they're being recorded. :fyi:
Original post by JosephineK20
She never does the dishes, has obnoxiously loud sex and twice has left giant poos in our shared toilet.

Say something?

Grab one of the poos through a plastic bag and slap it on her bedroom door the next time she is having sex with someone through a megaphone.
Reply 5
Confront her, ideally whilst recording it, i think we'd all like to see how it goes when you bring up the sex and giant poos parts of the argument

Say something?

Kindly suggest she do the dishes more often; that she be respectful of volume and that other's living there when she has sex and cleans up after herself in the loo. Just don't be aggressive, some people may not notice they don't do these things or that they're making the people they live with uncomfortable. As frustrating as she may be to live with, she might actually take all of the above on board once she realises.

Do it overtime as to not 'gang up' on her, e.g. first ask her nicely if she could do the dishes more often, wait until the next time she plans on having someone over to say the noise is a bit too loud and to just try be a little quieter, essentially give about a week or two between any complaints. It can be intimidating and feel like a personal attack when someone doesn't like the way you live.

Follow it up firmly but respectfully if she still doesn't, don't get to argument level unless absolutely necessary. It'll just make things worse. If you get angry or aggressive about it, she'll just be pissed off and do them more or x10 in spite.
Reply 7
I had a mate in digs who would never do his dishes and would inexplicably move other people's wet stuff from the drainer onto the worktops, flooding the cupboards

I just knocked on and said to him to pack it in moving the wet stuff because it would end up costing us all money, and wash your stuff mate, or i'll bin it all

Just tell her to stop being an inconsiderate scruff

Say something?

Communicate!!! These are definitely problems that you should discuss with your housemate, preferably in a nice neutral space like the kitchen. Try and ensure you stay calm and clear, outlining the things that bother you and suggesting things that your housemate could do to improve things and take responsibility for her actions. Do your best to avoid coming off as aggressive--a little frustration is fine but, as another user has said, this might be things that she's not noticing she's doing. Is she new to living independently? It could be part of the reason why she's sloppier than you'd like.

If there are still problems, follow it up, staying as calm and respectful as you can. Arguing doesn't help either of you and just makes things more awkward, especially if there's more than just the two of you in the house. Be firm and remind her that you're living together and that you've got to be aware of other people and how your actions affect them. Living together with housemates can be rough, especially if you're not familiar with each other. Sometimes you're not going to be friends with these people but all you can do is try and get along. Do no harm, but take no crap either.
Reply 9
No student house would be without such a one
Pick up the turd and launch it square at her face as she’s having coco pops in the morning.
I think you are the one who needs to say something to her. What can we do?
Original post by Son of the Sea
Pick up the turd and launch it square at her face as she’s having coco pops in the morning.

😭😭😭

Im with this guy!
yeah wtf is up with people who don't flush, I don't bloody get it? I had a tutor who never flushed everytime he did a piss in my house. ****ed up beyond belief!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending