The Student Room Group

Someone explain UCAS Points please

Hey,

So I graduated from college in 2019 and am applying for University 2022 Entry. I'm previously a drop out from Law school.

I Have a extended Diploma UAL in Games Development at a Pass, so my UCAS points aren't the highest.

Should i sit an A level, will this help with my UCAS Points and application

Not really aware of how points are created and assessed, anyone who can give advice on getting my UCAS points up would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by AlanMorrisUni
Hey,

So I graduated from college in 2019 and am applying for University 2022 Entry. I'm previously a drop out from Law school.

I Have a extended Diploma UAL in Games Development at a Pass, so my UCAS points aren't the highest.

Not really aware of how points are created and assessed, anyone who can give advice on getting my UCAS points up would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Hey there,

As you know - some universities have a grade/qualification requirement whilst others will have a minimum UCAS point requirement.

For a list of the qualifications that will provide you with points, use UCAS' Tariff Calculator: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator. You may find that you have other qualifications other than your UAL Extended Diploma that can provide you with points.

If you look on university websites, you will be able to find the list of courses that they provide. From there, you can find the course that interests you the most and along with that, their entry requirements. This will either be some specific grades/qualifications or a minimum total of UCAS points (again, use the calculator linked above).

Taking an "Access to Higher Education (Access to HE)" course is a strong way to earn sufficient UCAS points to get onto university courses. See if anywhere in your local area is able to provide you with this qualification. From there, you may be able to directly enter a Bachelor's course or take a Foundation year first before going on to do a Bachelor's (depending on the grade that you achieve via your Access to HE).

Best of luck,
~ Mikael, UoP Student Rep :h:
Original post by AlanMorrisUni
Hey,

Thanks in advance

Did you pass any modules at university? Often these will supplement your level 3 qualifications (even though university modules don’t get ucas points).

You should speak to the universities that you hope to apply to and ask for their advice about whether your qualifications are suitable or if you should take anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending