The Student Room Group

Do I ignore a parking fine from TPS in 2022?

I have heard a lot about people getting away with ignoring parking fines from TPS and also then ignoring the 5 or so threatening letters which follow. Is it still likely to go away without worry if I just ignore it in 2022? The fine came when I was parked outside of Tesco on Swansea university’s campus, the signage stated that it was a 20 minute waiting zone. I was late for a meeting at the time and so I parked there instead of paying for an hour (in a further away car park), expecting not to exceed the 20 minute limit, however the meeting ran on 10-20 minutes longer than that. This is the first time I’ve received a follow up letter from the company. It states that I must pay the full fine of £60 since I did not pay the £35 within 14 days of it being issued. Do I ignore this letter and all subsequent letters too? Or do I pay the £60 fine..?
Reply 1
Original post by HarryParker95
I have heard a lot about people getting away with ignoring parking fines from TPS and also then ignoring the 5 or so threatening letters which follow. Is it still likely to go away without worry if I just ignore it in 2022? The fine came when I was parked outside of Tesco on Swansea university’s campus, the signage stated that it was a 20 minute waiting zone. I was late for a meeting at the time and so I parked there instead of paying for an hour (in a further away car park), expecting not to exceed the 20 minute limit, however the meeting ran on 10-20 minutes longer than that. This is the first time I’ve received a follow up letter from the company. It states that I must pay the full fine of £60 since I did not pay the £35 within 14 days of it being issued. Do I ignore this letter and all subsequent letters too? Or do I pay the £60 fine..?

If the fine is not issued by local council or police then tell them to go do one. They can take you to civil court but it is expensive and I doubt they would do that over a £60 fine.
Reply 2
I have just got one too! Did you wait it out or pay up? I’m not sure which to do!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by HarryParker95

I have just got one too! Did you wait it out or pay up? I’m not sure which to do!
What did you end up doing? I’ve just received one
Original post by HunchoA1
What did you end up doing? I’ve just received one

They didn't reply 6 months ago so I doubt they are on TSR now.

The guidance in older threads on parking fines is liable to be out of date. I would highly recommend just paying the fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending