The Student Room Group

Clearing/ conditional offers

Hi guys, I hope everyone is well.

I have a question, say you have a conditional offer that ask for a C in a specific subject and you end up getting D/E, will they reject you or can they still keep your offer.i.e through clearing?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hiya! From what I know, if you didn't meet your offer they are within their right to withdraw your offer as you didn't meet their requirements. I do know of people who missed their offer grades but were still offered a place at their first choice uni - it's basically entirely up to the uni unfortunately
Original post by gradmedhelp!
Hiya! From what I know, if you didn't meet your offer they are within their right to withdraw your offer as you didn't meet their requirements. I do know of people who missed their offer grades but were still offered a place at their first choice uni - it's basically entirely up to the uni unfortunately

Hey thanks, they stated on my offer letter, if you don't meet the full conditions of the offer then there is a possibilty to offer a course through an alternative route. But, it is my first choice, so who knows?
If they say that on your offer letter, I think it is worth reaching out the the uni/course administrator and asking what these routes are, they'll probably be happy to point you in the right direction!
Original post by Sparklemist
Hey thanks, they stated on my offer letter, if you don't meet the full conditions of the offer then there is a possibilty to offer a course through an alternative route. But, it is my first choice, so who knows?

As above, they may accept you below offer on results day. If they reject you, then unfortunately they won't accept you for the same course via Clearing. However they may offer a foundation year if there is one for the course. It may be worth looking into that now so you are prepared if necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending