The Student Room Group

Clearing

So I have a uni place which I deferred to 2022 a and which I got through clearing last year. Would it be possible to change this to another in clearing this year?
Original post by Ihatealevels45
So I have a uni place which I deferred to 2022 a and which I got through clearing last year. Would it be possible to change this to another in clearing this year?

"If you are applying through Clearing, you can only apply for the current year. However, if you are holding a deferred place and want to apply for a place this year through Clearing, you can use the ‘Decline my place’ button in Track, complete a new application, and follow the Clearing process. You should let the university or college know that you won’t be keeping your deferred place.

You have right up until your start date to decide whether to defer or not, but accepting your decision is completely at the discretion of your university or college. The earlier you speak to them, the higher the chance that they will help you out, and the lower the chance you lose your place.

If you have any questions about your deferral decision, please give us a call and we can explain everything in simple and straightforward terms over the phone. Don’t panic, there’s plenty of time left."

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/when-apply/deferred-entry
You can't use 2022 clearing with a 2021 cycle application.

If you wish to use clearing in 2022 then you will need to create a 2022 cycle application (and withdraw from your 2021 cycle application)
Even if the course I want to change to is at the same university?

that's not clearing - that's just asking your university to swap your application to a different course. You can do that now no need to wait til clearing

Contact the Uni now and ask.
Original post by PQ
that's not clearing - that's just asking your university to swap your application to a different course. You can do that now no need to wait til clearing

Sorry, I did that but i didn’t have enough Ucas points which I thought I did but apparently my 16 points from core maths doesn’t count to the total Ucas points as they said it counts as an AS. I was hoping I could get the course through clearing anyhow. any advice help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry, I did that but i didn’t have enough Ucas points which I thought I did but apparently my 16 points from core maths doesn’t count to the total Ucas points as they said it counts as an AS. I was hoping I could get the course through clearing anyhow. any advice help would be greatly appreciated

If they wont accept you now then its unlikely they'll accept you in Clearing or that the course will even be in Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending