The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medicine 2022 Hold list

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zola333
Thank you, yeah I think I was confused about which deadlines were what. Going to give them a call tomorrow and see if there is any tiny chance they plan to release more info regarding numbers/hold applicant interview scores because it’s so wishy washy

Did you call them ? Any update?
Original post by Hazard0202
Did you call them ?

I’d sent an email yesterday that I got a response to this morning so I didn’t end up calling. Essentially the same generic thing (quoted) ‘With regards to releasing hold list information, we are not releasing this information to applicants.’ Lol. So I don’t think it would’ve been worth hassling them over the phone.

I’m tempted to ask why but there wouldn’t be any point :frown: I guess we just keep playing the waiting game. I just wish it felt like they were being more transparent with us.
Just received a partners email re summer school. Guessing those of us that applied via partners wont be getting an update re summer school as we are all still stuck in limbo waiting for an update.

I’m getting more and more narked about the lack of an update/ radio silence from them

When will I know which days and times I’ll be on campus?
All students holding a PARTNERS offer who have selected Newcastle University as their firm choice on UCAS will receive the following information week commencing 9th May, 2022:
· Confirmation of your PASS subject strand
· Your provisional timetable
· A link to the PASS Code of Conduct
Just received a partners email re summer school. Guessing those of us that applied via partners wont be getting an update re summer school as we are all still stuck in limbo waiting for an update.

I’m getting more and more narked about the lack of an update/ radio silence from them

All students holding a PARTNERS offer who have selected Newcastle University as their firm choice on UCAS will receive the following information week commencing 9th May, 2022:

It is really frustrating isn't it. I've had to use holidays at work for that week in the *hope* that I need it off. I just can't see how there has been absolutely no movement whatsoever with regards to offer holders so far. :confused:
Original post by youngar
It is really frustrating isn't it. I've had to use holidays at work for that week in the *hope* that I need it off. I just can't see how there has been absolutely no movement whatsoever with regards to offer holders so far. :confused:

There has been movement, lots of people holding multiple offers have rejected newcastle, I know of about 10 or 15 personally, so there must be more. I don't know what they're doing, it's become quite stressful :frown:

Son has same although stopped reading them now as it might be pointless. Presume there will be accommodation available for anyone who is given a late Partners offer.
Original post by CatInTheCorner
There has been movement, lots of people holding multiple offers have rejected newcastle, I know of about 10 or 15 personally, so there must be more. I don't know what they're doing, it's become quite stressful :frown:

I think the plan is they will tell everyone at the same time and they need to offer to everyone with a particular interview score.........so going to be a couple of weeks.
An update by email wouldnt have cost Newcastle anything. Its the radio silence that annoys me.

I cant believe everyone has accepted their offers. @CatInTheCorner knows people who have rejected, theres people on TSR that have rejected so there must be more offers to come surely.

Probs sometime week of 16th May I am guessing.

Its sad in a way, as if I get a Ncl offer, I hope it leaves enough time for my other universities to offer out my declined place.
(edited 1 year ago)
I wonder how many offers they originally gave out though…because they may have still over offered to an extent, which doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be much hold list movement for the foreseeable future :/

I’m also wondering if partners offer-holders are less likely to reject due to the BBB requirements.
Original post by zola333
I wonder how many offers they originally gave out though…because they may have still over offered to an extent, which doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be much hold list movement for the foreseeable future :/

I’m also wondering if partners offer-holders are less likely to reject due to the BBB requirements.

I’m guessing including international they would have stuck to their quota of 367 otherwise if they had given say 200 they would have trickled offers out by now.
An update by email wouldnt have cost Newcastle anything. Its the radio silence that annoys me.

I cant believe everyone has accepted their offers. @CatInTheCorner knows people who have rejectef, theres people on TSR that have rejected so there must be more offers to come ur surely.

Probs sometime week of 16th May I am guessing.

Its sad in a way, as if I get a Ncl offer, I hope it leaves enough time for my other universities to offer out my declined place.

We can only hope that more people have rejected their offers as even if 50 did with a hold list of about 300 there won’t be much chance of us getting one.
Really hope we get some news tomorrow or anytime next week. Good luck guys
🙏🙏 for some news this week
Just released my offer so hopefully it’ll go to one of you🤞
Original post by IBkidinthecorner

That's very generous of you, but I was so hoping to see you in person!! :frown: Where else do you hold offers for?
That's very generous of you, but I was so hoping to see you in person!! :frown: Where else do you hold offers for?

I just firmed KCL! I’ve released offers from Bristol and UEA as well 😭 I should really have firmed earlier but the idea of declining three places was overwhelming. I love all four of them and am already slightly regretting my decision lol. It would have been lovely to have met you too!
I just firmed KCL! I’ve released offers from Bristol and UEA as well 😭 I should really have firmed earlier but the idea of declining three places was overwhelming. I love all four of them and am already slightly regretting my decision lol. It would have been lovely to have met you too!

Congratulations for KCL! If you're regretting it, you could call the unis and say there was an error? We'll just have to keep chatting on here when we're both medical students :biggrin:

Thank You. That is so so considerate of you.

Ive seen you on a few chats, always upbeat, positive and cheering on others. You will make a wonderful Dr and I wish you all the very best at Kings and in the future x
Congratulations for KCL! If you're regretting it, you could call the unis and say there was an error? We'll just have to keep chatting on here when we're both medical students :biggrin:

Whichever uni I chose I’d have my doubts about I think. I’ve done endless pros and cons lists and this was not a choice I took lightly; it’s just overwhelming to finally know which uni I’m going to 🤯🥺
Thank You. That is so so considerate of you.

Ive seen you on a few chats, always upbeat, positive and cheering on others. You will make a wonderful Dr and I wish you all the very best at Kings and in the future x

Thank you so much!! I’ve seen you around a lot too. Congratulations on your offers (you have two right?) and I hope you get the Newcastle offer you deserve!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending