The Student Room Group

I find it ironic that short women post on here

asking if guys would go for their height but still wouldn't accept a short guy.
well where else would they post?
I thought the same thing, if we talking about the same post she’s extremely short. A shorter guy would be better suited because he’d be taller than her anyway??? But the height difference wouldn’t be ridiculous.
Original post by Anonymous
I thought the same thing, if we talking about the same post she’s extremely short. A shorter guy would be better suited because he’d be taller than her anyway??? But the height difference wouldn’t be ridiculous.

Yeah I saw like a few posts from women that are like 5'1 and under current and in the past if guys would like their height but they wouldn't even go for a guy below like 6 feet lol. Imagine just being a girl *****ing about how short you are to people and how much its a problem but you still want a guy 12+ inches taller than you only to make the girl look even smaller.
Reply 4
Height is a bigger dealbreaker to women than it is to men. Most women refuse to date a man shorter than 6 foot whereas most men don't really care how tall a woman is, as long as she's not Bigfoot with Acromegaly. What you have described is a double standard, and we all know that women love double standards when it benefits them. Short women want a taller man even though they would never date someone their own height. This is why men over 6 foot have all the power in the dating market - they are rare and women compete for them.
I'm not surprised that the minimum height dating dealbreaker obsession has permeated into TSRs relationships forum so much.
Frequent issue of discussion all over: tinder, reddit, many online dating sites, the femaledatingstrategies swamp and most of the social media world & manosphere. :sigh:

Different people have very different dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
That's fine.
Everyone over the legal age of consent has the right to make their own choices about their relationships & sex life and decide upon their dealbreakers .

Of course most sighted people are very visual and compatibility is crucial.
People will have some dealbreakers connected to physical elements like size, body shape, health, type in terms of hair colour or facial complexion.
But the obsessive fixation upon height or height gaps to the exclusion of almost everything else gets quite irritating.
Original post by ammarqureshi55
Yeah I saw like a few posts from women that are like 5'1 and under current and in the past if guys would like their height but they wouldn't even go for a guy below like 6 feet lol. Imagine just being a girl *****ing about how short you are to people and how much its a problem but you still want a guy 12+ inches taller than you only to make the girl look even smaller.

I think women dont have any correct idea about height in real life as most boy lies when asked about their height. Like a 5'6 guy claims to be 5'9 and so on... so they just stick to a specific number which is 6ft.

I am a girl btw lmao. I’m 5’1 but got someone 6ft is waaaaaay to tall. I think it’s just like a societal norm??? Idk like for girls it’a big small waists big bums or Idek just silly things. Like it’s just the number their looking at rather than the actual person.
I think women dont have any correct idea about height in real life as most boy lies when asked about their height. Like a 5'6 guy claims to be 5'9 and so on... so they just stick to a specific number which is 6ft.

Yes men do lie bout their height but I think its fairly easy to tell when a guy is tall. A 5'6 guy will never look tall and at times not even average height and looks short usually right away. I've seen some 5'10 guys that can look tall so they can get by with ********ting but i'm sure women near that height can tell. Its just stupid that height is like one of the biggest traits for physical attractiveness for men and its really animalistic for women to go for the biggest men. I personally do not understand why a woman thats not even tall makes it seem like guys that aren't tall but taller are somehow too short or w/e else. I can understand if a woman is like 5'8+ wanting a guy 6'0+, but when you aren't even like 5'2 and wanting a guy to tower over you its a bit odd. I personally feel like a child next to tall guys, I cannot fathom how so many women find that height difference comfortable.
I am a girl btw lmao. I’m 5’1 but got someone 6ft is waaaaaay to tall. I think it’s just like a societal norm??? Idk like for girls it’a big small waists big bums or Idek just silly things. Like it’s just the number their looking at rather than the actual person.

Yeah I can see how that can be too tall. A lot of short women act like a height difference of like 12+ inches is perfect in every way and its not too tall for them apparently, its crazy. Part of it is due to the media I think because a lot of girls like the tall guys in movies and shows so they think every tall guy is somehow this handsome guy but from what I've seen more than half of tall men i've seen are probably below average looking, but even despite that girls still go after them cause they are tall. No one really gives a **** much about personality as much anymore. Everything is based off of physical appearance especially through apps. As a society we are degrading and getting worse when it comes to dating. It is sad when you realize that the majority of women that like tall men are usually not tall at all
It’s normal for women to be short though. Also, this tall men thing is nonsense, it’s crap you see on the internet usually from teenagers who have no experience in dating. In the real word when a woman falls for a guy his height is usually going to be of little to no importance.
Reply 11

Grow a backbone and stop blaming others.

Pretty much the only people who think this are children and adult fetishists. It's entirely obvious from your posting history which you are, and really very creepy that you indulge yourself by posting about it over a period of years to get responses from the other one. Yuck.

People don't have to like you, and you really should be taking a long look in the mirror and considering whether people aren't rejecting you because you are short, they are rejecting you because you are a) obsessive about heights to the point that you talk about nothing else, ever, and b) unwilling or unable to stop making massive generalisations based largely on fantasy. Every single time you post, loads and loads of short women tell you that actually no, they're not obsessed with having a really tall partner. Far more than agree with you. Pretty much the only people who agree with you are the same two accounts.

Do I think you'll take any notice of this post? Of course not. In a day or two either you or Lucifer or asif will make another thread along the exact same lines (or it'll be anon), and you, Lucifer and asif will regurgitate the same fantasy crap in the thread no matter what anyone else says. And again two days later, and two days after that... for goodness sake go find a fetish site for it. It's thoroughly unpleasant on a site where a big proportion of posters are minors, some of whom are shorter women reaching adulthood who are genuinely insecure about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending