The Student Room Group

Friends making me feel guilty about moving to London?

I am living in the north east, and have decided to move to London in the summer to get a better job. I have a job here which is extremely badly paid in a company which doesn't seem to care about me at all. All my mates are here and my family, when I told my family they were fine with it, but my mates haven't been. They are all happy here, mostly doing pretty basic jobs, but are happy just working , going to watch the football, going clubbing at weekends and so on. When I said I wanted to move to London last time we went out, they were asking why, and made critical comments saying things like I'm up myself and things aren't good enough for me here. Now I feel guilty and confused. But I really want a better job and there is literally nothing in my area here.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am living in the north east, and have decided to move to London in the summer to get a better job. I have a job here which is extremely badly paid in a company which doesn't seem to care about me at all. All my mates are here and my family, when I told my family they were fine with it, but my mates haven't been. They are all happy here, mostly doing pretty basic jobs, but are happy just working , going to watch the football, going clubbing at weekends and so on. When I said I wanted to move to London last time we went out, they were asking why, and made critical comments saying things like I'm up myself and things aren't good enough for me here. Now I feel guilty and confused. But I really want a better job and there is literally nothing in my area here.

Go and do that better job, don’t stick around for friends, they should be happy for you, not angry at you. I think distancing yourself from them would be best.
You should not feel guilty for wanting a better job and moving somewhere new to do it. You deserve to work somewhere where you're appreciated and where you are happy. Your friends should be supportive and excited for you not critical and bitter. Go to London and get that job. Good luck!
Focus on your own ambitions and efforts to work towards achieving the happy future life that you want. :smile:
Your positivity and hopes to improve your future.
Not the negativity of your friends.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending