The Student Room Group

Driving instructor advice?

I've been having lessons with an instructor for around 8 months (this isn't my first instructor either and I've had big breaks between lessons in the past). I'm only having 1 hour lessons now also due to cost/time but often my instructor will often want to sit at the side of the road while she explains what went well/what didn't work with my drive to the location. This can usually take 15-20 mins so I'm only really driving for 40. I previously had 2 hour lessons and we would sit at the side for 45 mins sometimes. I do like my instructor, she's good and we get on well but it's getting on my nerves because I want to pass my test soon and don't feel like I'm progressing as fast as I should. Is it time to move on?
Personally, I would say so, yes.

After my first lesson I don't remember any protracted talking. We just chatted as we drove around. I think there might have been a couple of explanations for manoeuvres and things, but unless your instructor thinks this is the best method for you to absorb what they are saying, it seems unnecessary to me.
Maybe talk to her about it first?

If she isn't doing it to take the p**s, she won't be reluctant in reducing the time spent talking, considering how nice you say she is.

If she is hesitant in doing so, then yep, find a new instructor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending