The Student Room Group

Problems with application

hey! my counsellor did not include my predicted grades in my application. I was rejected from unis because of an incomplete application. I am literally devastated. What should I do? Do you have any ideas?
Original post by nxhssy
hey! my counsellor did not include my predicted grades in my application. I was rejected from unis because of an incomplete application. I am literally devastated. What should I do? Do you have any ideas?

Usually a Uni will email you asking you to arrange for the predicited grades to be sent directly to them.
Check your junk mail to see if tgey sent you this, then phone the Uni.
They may allow you to send predicted grades now, but they dont have to.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Usually a Uni will email you asking you to arrange for the predicited grades to be sent directly to them.
Check your junk mail to see if tgey sent you this, then phone the Uni.
They may allow you to send predicted grades now, but they dont have to.

I've never received an e-mail. I talked with the University of Manchester and they say that it was my fault because it is my responsibility to make sure that the application is complete. But how was I supposed to do it? When I was sending the application I asked my counsellor if she included my grades and she said yes. Could I do something more? I don't understand.
Original post by nxhssy
I've never received an e-mail. I talked with the University of Manchester and they say that it was my fault because it is my responsibility to make sure that the application is complete. But how was I supposed to do it? When I was sending the application I asked my counsellor if she included my grades and she said yes. Could I do something more? I don't understand.

Ask your school to phone admissions Manchester.
It does seem a bit harsh - when did you apply?
The school should take responsibility if they screwed up. If they refuse then you probably have grounds to make a formal complaint above their heads or maybe sue.
Original post by KirstinTM
The school should take responsibility if they screwed up. If they refuse then you probably have grounds to make a formal complaint above their heads or maybe sue.

That sort of aggressive approach isnt going to help right now.

The OP needs the school on his side, and the best way forward is for the school to talk to the Uni.
Yes, I agree. A bit of humble pie and admission that they made an error in not providing the predictions might make the unis reconsider.

As above, very odd that they did not chase for them though.
Reply 7
Ask your school to phone admissions Manchester.
It does seem a bit harsh - when did you apply?

24 January 2022
Reply 8
That sort of aggressive approach isnt going to help right now.

The OP needs the school on his side, and the best way forward is for the school to talk to the Uni.

I am an international student and my school does not really know much about UCAS applications, that's why I asked for help from SI-UK, which provides an application service. My counsellor sent an email which says that it is their fault. But it turns out that it doesn't matter for manchester.
Original post by nxhssy
I am an international student and my school does not really know much about UCAS applications, that's why I asked for help from SI-UK, which provides an application service. My counsellor sent an email which says that it is their fault. But it turns out that it doesn't matter for manchester.

If you used an Agent then is is their responsibility to sort this out - that IS what you pay them for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending