The Student Room Group

Need Help please

Hello,
I am an asylum seeker in the UK, i applied for the uni of leeds and got an offer and also received from financial support from private organisations to fund my studies. Because i am mot eligible for SFE, my question is will i be able to get SFE after getting my Refugee status ? After completing a whole year funded by private organisations (foundation).
Thanks i advance
Original post by razi12
Hello,
I am an asylum seeker in the UK, i applied for the uni of leeds and got an offer and also received from financial support from private organisations to fund my studies. Because i am mot eligible for SFE, my question is will i be able to get SFE after getting my Refugee status ? After completing a whole year funded by private organisations (foundation).
Thanks i advance

Hello,

If a student (or their family member) has been granted refugee status after the start of the course, they may be eligible for support. The amount of support they are entitled to will depend on when the status was granted.

You would need to apply once you have your status, we can the review your eligibility.

Thanks, Lynsey

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending