The Student Room Group

Foundation year how to apply?

So i applied to brunel for business management and got a conditional offer, Distinction in business, B in Law, C in financial studies. Ill be lucky if i manage to get a merit, B, C. But seriously doubting even that. Would it be better for me to resit my exam or to jump into a foundation year. Brunels site says they offer a foundation year but says nothing about entry requirement so ill likely call them up. But how would i go about applying? Im guessing they will reject me and offer me the foundation year or will i have to apply seperately.
(edited 1 year ago)
Firstly, stop panicking - you may have done far better than you think.

Most courses will have some 'spaces' once results are known and Unis will usually use 'near miss' offer holders to fill those spaces - this is easier than putting the course in Clearing. So, you may still be accepted if you dont quite hit the offer grades. There are no guarantees but this is possible - especially at a non-RG Uni.

Wait until August before you make any decisions - at this early stage its all guesswork and you will drive yourself nuts with endless 'what if'.
@zik04._ you apply for a foundation year course the same as you would apply for a regular course, through UCAS. You simply choose the course that will say something like 'business management with foundation year'. They could also offer it to you if you don't quite meet the entry requirements. You should contact Brunels' enquiries team https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/contact-us and talk to them about your worries of meeting the entry requirement.

I hope you find this useful.

- Rosie
Reply 3
Original post by hallamstudents
@zik04._ you apply for a foundation year course the same as you would apply for a regular course, through UCAS. You simply choose the course that will say something like 'business management with foundation year'. They could also offer it to you if you don't quite meet the entry requirements. You should contact Brunels' enquiries team https://www.brunel.ac.uk/about/contact-us and talk to them about your worries of meeting the entry requirement.

I hope you find this useful.

- Rosie

Thanks rosie i will call them up. But this what i mean on their site it says the offer business management foundation course (ill attach a link https://www.brunel.ac.uk/study/Course-listing?courseSearch=pathway&courseLevel=0/2/24/28/870 ) But on UCAS they dont offer this for foundation course, so how can i apply to it. Also, in the case they reject me and dont offer me a foundation year. Does that mean i can apply through clearing or i will have to wait till next year to apply. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Firstly, stop panicking - you may have done far better than you think.

Most courses will have some 'spaces' once results are known and Unis will usually use 'near miss' offer holders to fill those spaces - this is easier than putting the course in Clearing. So, you may still be accepted if you dont quite hit the offer grades. There are no guarantees but this is possible - especially at a non-RG Uni.

Wait until August before you make any decisions - at this early stage its all guesswork and you will drive yourself nuts with endless 'what if'.

You are right, thanks, ive heard they accept near misses too, but ill be lucky to get BCC when they need ABC, i dont think they count 2 grades off as a near miss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending