The Student Room Group

birthday gift for a guy im seeing

hi , so ive been seeing this guy for around 3 months now, we've said we liked each other but its all still very new - we go out around once a week but no labels or nothing . its his birthday in a couple weeks and im stuck. Usually I wouldn't have bought any presents this early on but he made a very big deal about mine - bought be a lovely present and took me out. im at uni and cant drive lol so I feel like I cant be just like let me take you out cause its more comp. Anyway I have ZERO idea what to get him - like I feel like clothing is kinda personal, idk what size he is ... the only idea I have is he said he liked this comedian and there a show in 3 months .. that's the issue im having! firstly idk if its a bit much coz tickets aren't cheap cheap, ( im happy to pay ut idk if he will think like too serious) plus its 3 moths away ... like alot could happen in that 3 months and I dont want him to feel like its a draw in like he has to still talk to me if we have this tickets . half of me thinks its a good idea cause I have no idea what to get him but idk if im overthinking it too much - like is it bit too serious I have no idea !! guys ive never done this before help lol
Is he into sports? You could get him a football shirt or something, or whatever he is into.
that's a good idea acc , I think he likes football but idk never seen him wear a football shirt and again idk what size he is/ what team he supports
Original post by Leslie Knope
Is he into sports? You could get him a football shirt or something, or whatever he is into.
Is he into video games? Maybe buy him a game or something.
money
Original post by Anonymous
that's a good idea acc , I think he likes football but idk never seen him wear a football shirt and again idk what size he is/ what team he supports

You should ask him. Obviously whatever you have between the both of you is new and early days, but getting to know what his hobbies and interests are is important - it'll show him that you are interested in getting to know him. Ask him what football team he supports and see what he says. Honestly you can never go wrong with a shirt. If he's not into football he might be into something else instead? The only way you can find that out is by speaking to him.
Original post by Leslie Knope
You should ask him. Obviously whatever you have between the both of you is new and early days, but getting to know what his hobbies and interests are is important - it'll show him that you are interested in getting to know him. Ask him what football team he supports and see what he says. Honestly you can never go wrong with a shirt. If he's not into football he might be into something else instead? The only way you can find that out is by speaking to him.

I ended up asking his friends opinion on the sports thing and they didn't seem that good of an idea - he likes football but not that into it - ot would have been a good idea tho thank you!! can I ask you tho do you think the tickets are a bit much? like no ones really commented on it and I like the idea but dont want to give the wrong impression/ his friends think like that's a bit much - I think I would feel more comfortable with an experience rather than a physcal present cause I dont know him well well but idk ive never bought a present fora guy before ahah

Give him a kiss on the neck to see his shirt size jk

You coiuld get him football boots too (less expensive) or a pendant
that would have been a good idea thank you !! he's not really into likee into games or sports - more music which makes it harder lol, but thank you for the suggestion !!

Original post by Cloudster
Is he into video games? Maybe buy him a game or something.
love this ahaha deffo would have tried ahah , idk he's just not really into sports makes it 10x harder - like im not good at this lol
Original post by zuluwarrior7650
Give him a kiss on the neck to see his shirt size jk

You coiuld get him football boots too (less expensive) or a pendant
The ticket idea is good, it means you know him well. I don’t think you will break up within three months time so I think you should get them.
I ended up asking his friends opinion on the sports thing and they didn't seem that good of an idea - he likes football but not that into it - ot would have been a good idea tho thank you!! can I ask you tho do you think the tickets are a bit much? like no ones really commented on it and I like the idea but dont want to give the wrong impression/ his friends think like that's a bit much - I think I would feel more comfortable with an experience rather than a physcal present cause I dont know him well well but idk ive never bought a present fora guy before ahah

Ah man that sucks, atleast you asked! Honestly I think the tickets are a great idea. It's his birthday and it shows that you really do care about him, especially considering how much of an effort you are putting in. If you think the tickets might back you feel uncomfortable, then tell him that he can go with a friend? To not make it awkward or anything, and see what he says.
thank you !!
Gift card to whatever store you think he will like..gaming store sports store. He can pick out what he likes.
(edited 1 year ago)
hi , so ive been seeing this guy for around 3 months now, we've said we liked each other but its all still very new - we go out around once a week but no labels or nothing . its his birthday in a couple weeks and im stuck. Usually I wouldn't have bought any presents this early on but he made a very big deal about mine - bought be a lovely present and took me out. im at uni and cant drive lol so I feel like I cant be just like let me take you out cause its more comp. Anyway I have ZERO idea what to get him - like I feel like clothing is kinda personal, idk what size he is ... the only idea I have is he said he liked this comedian and there a show in 3 months .. that's the issue im having! firstly idk if its a bit much coz tickets aren't cheap cheap, ( im happy to pay ut idk if he will think like too serious) plus its 3 moths away ... like alot could happen in that 3 months and I dont want him to feel like its a draw in like he has to still talk to me if we have this tickets . half of me thinks its a good idea cause I have no idea what to get him but idk if im overthinking it too much - like is it bit too serious I have no idea !! guys ive never done this before help lol

I would say cook him he’s favourite meal and see if he likes any games or has any hobbies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending