The Student Room Group

Is he possibly thinking of cheating on me

Okay so I stayed at my bf of nearly 2 years house on Sunday and there was something he said that didn't make sense to me

So I noticed he was messaging this girl who's apparently his cousin which he told me let's call her D but I haven't heard of her before and thought he only had 2 cousins on his mums side which he told me their names but I never heard of this girl that he's texting

So his phone kept going off repeatly throughout the day I was spending time with him and sometimes I catch him smiling at his phone and never seen him reply to someone that quick before and everytime it went off he would quickly get his phone

and one time i was on his phone looking at memes from group chat with his mates and he seemed abit irritable kind of thing like hinting me to get off his phone telling me come on let's watch something on my pc so while he was messaging after messenging I decided to just pop my earphones in and watch something on Netflix on his ipad

Hrs later while he was texting her he put his phone down sat on his bed and briefly said "I feel like a cheat" I said "what do you mean" and he said "well D wants to meet up with me and I don't want my family to think I'm cheating on you" I didn't say anything I just gave him a confused look

Firstly she's his 'cousin' why would he feel like he's cheating on me and 2nd wouldn't his family know that they are cousins so it's doesn't make sense

I mean I ain't bothered if he hanged out with some other girl like a cousin but I think he's lying because he did something like this before for example he was talking and hanging out with this girl who apparently he just met... Turned out it was his ex and he didn't want me around when they hanged out together

And another thing he has this thing where he feels bad for girls very easily expecially the single ones and ends up liking them for example some girl who he saw around college then all of sudden started messaging each other then she was telling him stuff that she went through and apparently they had same interests with music taste then she was calling him gorgeous babe hun and he felt bad and stuff like that and I told him to block her because people were saying she was bad news he did block her but ended up unblocking her and funny thing is she blocked me and I don't even know her lol I didn't know this he told me she blocked me

Idk what to think about what he said
I mean if he wants to meet her he can go ahead but I wouldn't be surprised if he falls for another girl again but I know for sure I will end it if that happens
He may be planning to get sexually involved with girl D or he may have already done so.
Either way, he sounds like a dishonest jerk who can't be trusted 1/4 of an inch.
Lousy bf material.

Plenty of more attractive single guys in the dating sea- who do not have a history of lying to your face.
Nor pretending to be talking to a female cousin when really talking to their ex gf.

Dump him so that you can both move on in life and achieve your ambitions.
He can enjoy spending even more time dating or phone sexting as many exes and cousins as he wants.
While you will have moved on and will be spending your time having fun & hopefully getting to know some honest and more compatible single guys who won't waste your time or try to play you for a fool.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
He may be planning to get sexually involved with girl D or he may have already done so.
Either way, he sounds like a dishonest jerk who can't be trusted 1/4 of an inch.
Lousy bf material.

Plenty of more attractive single guys in the dating sea- who do not have a history of lying to your face.
Nor pretending to be talking to a female cousin when really talking to their ex gf.

Dump him so that you can both move on in life and achieve your ambitions.
He can enjoy spending even more time dating or phone sexting as many exes and cousins as he wants.
While you will have moved on and will be spending your time having fun & hopefully getting to know some honest and more compatible single guys who won't waste your time or try to play you for a fool.
Good luck!

You got a little mixed up so when I mentioned the ex part he didn't say it was cousin he said it's a friend he just started hanging out with. this was last year so I had a feeling he's doing the same thing but instead saying this girl he's messaging now is his cousin when I never heard of her before

I feel like scooping but that's wrong so I avoid doing that even if I have the urge to cos I have a gut feeling

I just don't get why he feels like a cheat for hanging out with her when it's his cousin
Original post by Anonymous
You got a little mixed up so when I mentioned the ex part he didn't say it was cousin he said it's a friend he just started hanging out with. this was last year so I had a feeling he's doing the same thing but instead saying this girl he's messaging now is his cousin when I never heard of her before

I feel like scooping but that's wrong so I avoid doing that even if I have the urge to cos I have a gut feeling

I just don't get why he feels like a cheat for hanging out with her when it's his cousin

It doesnt sound like they are his cousin, its super suspicious
Original post by londonmyst

While I'm the only and first girl he's ever been sexually involved with so I doubt this part
Just ask him who he is meeting up with, get a name then ask his family who that name is and if he's meeting up with them. You might look paranoid but if its your gut feeling it is your gut feeling
this is very off... trust your gut. it doesn't sound like hes even bothering to hide it - it very obviously sounds like he is cheating
Original post by Scorched
Just ask him who he is meeting up with, get a name then ask his family who that name is and if he's meeting up with them. You might look paranoid but if its your gut feeling it is your gut feeling

I know her name first and last as I searched on his followers if I see anything more suspicious I'm gonna ask his little sister if she knows anyone called that and yeah it's gut feeling but I feel like I'm overreacting but he was texting her alot that day and then telling me he feels like a cheat which was weird to me

Original post by SamRands123
this is very off... trust your gut. it doesn't sound like hes even bothering to hide it - it very obviously sounds like he is cheating

Yeah it is abit off tbh I feel like muting him right now I honestly don't feel like talking to him something feels off I think I need to do "the talk" with him because my gut feeling is I feel he's lying to me and not admitted something

He was on about me going town with him this week to get something for fathers day If I see him on his phone again I'm going to ask things like so when you meeting her then
Reply 8
He sounds trifling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending