The Student Room Group

Learning disability

My school have me down as special need and I had a educational psychologist come in year 9 and I’m now in year12 so last year when I was sitting exams I had extra time, rest breaks, and reading pen or someone reading to me. I don’t know what learning difficulty I have so if I ask the school would they tell me because it asks on my UCAS application? I remember being told something like cognitive comprehension but not sure what that means
Original post by Lucy rowland
My school have me down as special need and I had a educational psychologist come in year 9 and I’m now in year12 so last year when I was sitting exams I had extra time, rest breaks, and reading pen or someone reading to me. I don’t know what learning difficulty I have so if I ask the school would they tell me because it asks on my UCAS application? I remember being told something like cognitive comprehension but not sure what that means

Yes - do ask.

It's surprising that you don't know what learning difficulty you have, else how are you meant to track personally how you're doing or what life adjustments you need to make to combat it? This is not a criticism of you, it's a criticism of your school - I think they've done you a bit of a disservice.

Anyway, back to the actual question! Yes do ask. Use this as an opportunity to fully understand your learning difficulty as better to prepare you for university :smile:
Original post by dbhc2411
Yes - do ask.

It's surprising that you don't know what learning difficulty you have, else how are you meant to track personally how you're doing or what life adjustments you need to make to combat it? This is not a criticism of you, it's a criticism of your school - I think they've done you a bit of a disservice.

Anyway, back to the actual question! Yes do ask. Use this as an opportunity to fully understand your learning difficulty as better to prepare you for university :smile:

Yeah. i don’t know but I’m nervous to ask😂 but it’s got to be done i guess
Original post by Lucy rowland
Yeah. i don’t know but I’m nervous to ask😂 but it’s got to be done i guess

They'll welcome you asking about it, just explain it's for your own personal development to get the best knowledge to help better prepare you for the future :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest