The Student Room Group

Probation nhs

I have been at the nhs for a month and 28 days yesterday I phoned in sick for the first time I’m scared I’m going to get fired due to me having 4 days off as rota days off and 2 as sick
Reply 1
Original post by spoonie1992
I have been at the nhs for a month and 28 days yesterday I phoned in sick for the first time I’m scared I’m going to get fired due to me having 4 days off as rota days off and 2 as sick

Hi I don't know how to help you because I am not in the situation. Can you tell me what probation in the nhs is like?
Original post by spoonie1992

Having 2 days off sick won't get you fired within the NHS - but longer/further absences may do, regardless of whether or not it's within your probationary period.
See the info here (regardless of whether or not you're in RCN) https://www.rcn.org.uk/Get-Help/RCN-advice/sickness#:~:text=Employers%20normally%20refer%20to%20sickness,will%20probably%20involve%20a%20meeting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending