The Student Room Group

Cifas marker trying to open a bank account under 18 and I am finding it difficult

A few months ago I used my Barclays Bank for fraud not knowing how bad or what cifas was about and eventually Barclays Bank called me and had to close my account and also 3 months later I created a monzo account I also used that one for fraud and I think now I have a cifas marker because I recently opened a Lloyds bank account and they closed it a day later sending me a letter stating that they have closed it due to some further checks done about me and I have a cifas maker right now I am very confused and I am looking for a job asap but without a bank account no job will accept me also I tried applying for any online banking all of them requires you to be 18 and over I will turn 18 in two months but I still need to get a job ASAP I need help
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
A few months ago I used my Barclays Bank for fraud not knowing how bad or what cifas was about and eventually Barclays Bank called me and had to close my account and also 3 months later I created a monzo account I also used that one for fraud and I think now I have a cifas marker because I recently opened a Lloyds bank account and they closed it a day later sending me a letter stating that they have closed it due to some further checks done about me and I have a cifas maker right now I am very confused and I am looking for a job asap but without a bank account no job will accept me also I tried applying for any online banking all of them requires you to be 18 and over I will turn 18 in two months but I still need to get a job ASAP I need help

Are you skilled in any trades that'll often pay cash in hand such as window cleaning?

The marker only lasts for six years, after that you'll be able to get a bank account.

Also the marker doesn't apply outside the UK. So you could move to Dubai to work there.
You committed fraud twice, the second time after having an account closed for it?

The only advice I can give is to trawl through related discussions links below and look for smaller banks that might consider you.

You will struggle no matter where you try though.
Original post by Quady
Are you skilled in any trades that'll often pay cash in hand such as window cleaning?

The marker only lasts for six years, after that you'll be able to get a bank account.

Also the marker doesn't apply outside the UK. So you could move to Dubai to work there.

Yes but I am not ready to move yet also if I get a job that pays cash in hand at one point I will still need to save it somewhere ygm
Original post by Admit-One
You committed fraud twice, the second time after having an account closed for it?

The only advice I can give is to trawl through related discussions links below and look for smaller banks that might consider you.

You will struggle no matter where you try though.

Hm thanks for letting me know
Why would you bang f twice
Reply 6
Yes but I am not ready to move yet also if I get a job that pays cash in hand at one point I will still need to save it somewhere ygm

Well that's the east bit, just use a money box.
why did you commit fraud, get caught and then do it again?
Original post by Spelunker
why did you commit fraud, get caught and then do it again?

What happend was that the first time Barclays thought that I was the victim so they closed it up for me, the second time instead my Monzo account got changed they changed everything and I could not log in anymore so that’s what I think made me get the Cifas mark is the monzo account
Why would you bang f twice

I just realised later later how big of a mistake I’ve made and I cannot even blame them for me being stupid and listening to them 🙄
I just realised later later how big of a mistake I’ve made and I cannot even blame them for me being stupid and listening to them 🙄

Stick with cash when your 18 apply for a prepaid card or go credit union and ride the 6 yrs is not that long trust me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending