Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
sleekchic
:hugs:

What did you apply for?

Accounting with European Study....I'm on a gap year so I've already got all the requirements (and more)!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
hannah463
Accounting with European Study....I'm on a gap year so I've already got all the requirements (and more)!

Then ask for feedback.
Reply 62
sophisticated
Your point is?? :s-smilie:

my point is that their admin sucks. its not right to cheat people like that especially now when only 5 choices instead of 6 are allowed. Im actually still waiting on exeter, they are my last uni still pending. Plus they are my top choice now so im desperate to get accepted. And seeing all these extravagant offers being thrown around uneases me a great deal. Outrageous. Not cool Exeter.
hotshot
my point is that their admin sucks. its not right to cheat people like that especially now when only 5 choices instead of 6 are allowed. Im actually still waiting on exeter, they are my last uni still pending. Plus they are my top choice now so im desperate to get accepted. And seeing all these extravagant offers being thrown around uneases me a great deal. Outrageous. Not cool Exeter.

I'm sure they get through them as fast as they can. And I didn't get my offer until early March I believe. Some Universities do keep people waiting a while. It takes time to consider applications, especially when its such a popular Uni. Would you rather they handed out first-come first-served offers to any Tom, Dick or Harry who might not even be worthy of such a sought-after place at Exeter? I don't think so. :rolleyes:
Reply 64
sophisticated
I'm sure they get through them as fast as they can. And I didn't get my offer until early March I believe. Some Universities do keep people waiting a while. It takes time to consider applications, especially when its such a popular Uni. Would you rather they handed out first-come first-served offers to any Tom, Dick or Harry who might not even be worthy of such a sought-after place at Exeter? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

yea babe i hear you on that. But its the super high offers that are quite daunting. basically, i am able to meet the entry reqs asked in their official prospectus however not these imaginary unsubstantiated offers im seeing of late like triple As and all. shocking. I feel their admin dept should have been much more concerned with making a clearer and earlier promulgation of the new higher entrance grades, especially in fairness of the earlier applicants like myself in october. The changes were unknown to me when i was applying doing all the ucas stuff. And the grade hike up is a significant one, massive. Unjust no?
hotshot
yea babe i hear you on that. But its the super high offers that are quite daunting. basically, i am able to meet the entry reqs asked in their official prospectus however not these imaginary unsubstantiated offers im seeing of late like triple As and all. shocking. I feel their admin dept should have been much more concerned with making a clearer and earlier promulgation of the new higher entrance grades, especially in fairness of the earlier applicants like myself in october. It was unknown to me at the time of application. And the grade hike up is a significant one. Unjust no?

Its not unjust. At the time the brochure was printed, they have no idea how many applications they are going to get! As applications start flooding in, the admissions team for each course get a feel of how popular its going to be, and if its heavily oversubscribed then they're perfectly within their rights to give out high offers so they end up admitting the best students possible into the University.
If the grades are too high, then firm somewhere else. It is unfair that you used one of your applications on a University that turned out to be out of reach for you, but thats just life I'm afraid. Perhaps the course you applied for was just more popular than anticipated. Surely the grades they've asked of you can't be all that much higher than those that were in the brochure? What were they exactly?
And please don't call me babe...do I look like a little pig to you? :cool:
Reply 66
When i applied, the brochure and the website stated somewhere around 31-32 for the IB. At the time, this was an attractive entry grade for me. However, ive of late seen offers of 36s or AAAs being thrown around and on the exeter website, under econs, it is now stated 34-36 for the IB. Perhaps the university does have the right to upward adjust their requirements midway through the application process although, for people in my position its damn frustrating. Thought maybe id get some degree of priority having applied early. Anyway all i can do now is wait it out.
Reply 67
You'll get an offer when you least expect it , trust me i got an offer from exeter on christmas eve what were the chances of that ? so try and forget abut it and you'll will see you have a message form ucas in your emails spon :biggrin:
Reply 68
hotshot
When i applied, the brochure and the website stated somewhere around 31-32 for the IB. At the time, this was an attractive entry grade for me. However, ive of late seen offers of 36s or AAAs being thrown around and on the exeter website, under econs, it is now stated 34-36 for the IB. Perhaps the university does have the right to upward adjust their requirements midway through the application process although, for people in my position its damn frustrating. Thought maybe id get some degree of priority having applied early. Anyway all i can do now is wait it out.

Same for me! When I applied, they were asking for ABB, which I already have. I got rejected last week (after hearing nothing for months) and now the website says it requires AAB. Unfair!
Girl at my school got an unconditional for medicine.
misternite
Girl at my school got an unconditional for medicine.

Is she in year 13? If she is then how come?
Reply 71
hannah463
Same for me! When I applied, they were asking for ABB, which I already have. I got rejected last week (after hearing nothing for months) and now the website says it requires AAB. Unfair!

Im really sorry to hear that, its fkin BS, you should write to them NOW. complain and fight for it. Let them know how much you want that spot and theyll hit you up. your result makes me a whole lot more scared now. if i get rejected i will retaliate.
Reply 72
When I applied mine said AAA-ABB.
I was predicted ABB, but I took the chance anyway, and it paid off. Offer! :smile:
Ok, so I have actually achieved AAB at AS, so maybe that helped...

Are you guys sure it specifically said ABB and then suddenly changed to AAB? I don't think they'd really do that, would they? Alot of their offers are written AAA-ABB....
Reply 73
Tiinnaaaa
When I applied mine said AAA-ABB.
I was predicted ABB, but I took the chance anyway, and it paid off. Offer! :smile:
Ok, so I have actually achieved AAB at AS, so maybe that helped...

Are you guys sure it specifically said ABB and then suddenly changed to AAB? I don't think they'd really do that, would they? Alot of their offers are written AAA-ABB....

Im in the military for the past 2 years, so ive had enough time to do my research and exeter has ever been in my crosshair. Until oct 08, they were asking IB 31. Now its jacked up to 34-36. Im sure of that. And its fked up. If theyd promulgated the change before the applications, id have not applied there. bunch of jokers.
sleekchic
Is she in year 13? If she is then how come?

Turns out that UCAS made a mistake and it was actually an unsuccessful, oh dear.
misternite
Turns out that UCAS made a mistake and it was actually an unsuccessful, oh dear.

Can they really do that? I thought once an offer was made it had to stick.
Reply 76
I got an unconditional offer for psychology today. Quite surprising.
I got my Bristol rejection yesterday via UCAS - only Exeter left now! Really nervous - Exeter is my number 1 choice and my last uni to get back... my mum had the same (first choice, last uni to get back) so who knows, maybe history will repeat itself... :smile:
I literally JUST got my acceptance to Exeter, I'm SO HAPPY!
It was worth the wait!

- Daisy :biggrin:
Reply 79
Sheepsy_McDuff
I literally JUST got my acceptance to Exeter, I'm SO HAPPY!
It was worth the wait!

- Daisy :biggrin:

Congrats! For what course and what was your offer?

Latest

Trending

Trending