The Student Room Group

how easy is it for muslim reverts to get married?

just curious for reverts, was it easy to find a partner and consult with your parents about getting married? im a revert and my parents are very against islam basically, im just curious how some get around this?
Reply 1
Original post by redbeanlvr
just curious for reverts, was it easy to find a partner and consult with your parents about getting married? im a revert and my parents are very against islam basically, im just curious how some get around this?

It will depend to some extent on whether you are male or female. If you are male you can marry pretty much anyone who believes in god, but a female can only marry another Muslim.
And obviously, it depends how strictly observant each party is.
Reply 2
Original post by redbeanlvr

Females require a male muslim guardian who gives his permission for her marriage. Usually this would be the father, but as a revert they will have to find the trusted director of the Islamic Centre upon the Sunnah.

As a man, the process would generally be the same as a born Muslim. The man does not require permission of his parents to get married but it would be wise to do so.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending