The Student Room Group

anxiety ruining my job and life

i recently started a new temp job at a call centre for the courts, i cannot deal with it. customers are rude, there's so much information out there, i feel so overwhelmed. today was my first day and i nearly had a panic attack, and was sweating buckets when i took a call.

im afriad i will get fired.

what can i do......................... more of a rant, i only have 2 options really stay or leave.
Original post by sophieee789
i recently started a new temp job at a call centre for the courts, i cannot deal with it. customers are rude, there's so much information out there, i feel so overwhelmed. today was my first day and i nearly had a panic attack, and was sweating buckets when i took a call.

im afriad i will get fired.

what can i do......................... more of a rant, i only have 2 options really stay or leave.

Given that today was your first day, you stay. Then you see how say two goes - it'll likely be better. Then you try day three and day four.

It might take a few weeks before you're anything close to "comfortable", but you should get there. If you don't (after a few weeks), then ask youself whether you should stay or leave
Normal to feel overwhelemed on your first day. Everything is new to you!

Make sure you're getting the right support you need to settle in though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending