The Student Room Group

Finishing very quickly

I'm 18 yr old male having an issue where I finish extremely quickly (20-30 seconds) when sober.

I can hold an erection for ages and get turned-on very easily, I can also go 4/5 rounds each time I last substantially longer.

I've tried masturbating beforehand, it helps very little.

Any advice? Thanks.
My guy, with time you will find out that, contrary to popular media opinion, this isn't a problem. Male ejaculation doesn't need to be the end of sex, especially not if you have a short refractory period like you mention. Most women will see it as a compliment, and as long as you're willing to keep things going while you 'reload' (i.e. by going down on her/playing with her), it's really more of a blessing than a curse. Look at it this way: more orgasms for both of you. Where's the harm in that?
Sometimes happens to me. I just focus on the foreplay, just make sure she’s close to or has reached orgasm, then go in, and even if you only last a short period, she’ll have had a good time.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 18 yr old male having an issue where I finish extremely quickly (20-30 seconds) when sober.

I can hold an erection for ages and get turned-on very easily, I can also go 4/5 rounds each time I last substantially longer.

I've tried masturbating beforehand, it helps very little.

Any advice? Thanks.

Medical student here, this is NOT normal and you are NOT healthy. My advice would be to see your GP and relay this information as SOON as possible. I don't mean to worry you, but this really should be dealt with immediately, as in time this could lead to further complications.

Sincerely
J.P. Cubert
Original post by J.P. Cubert
Medical student here, this is NOT normal and you are NOT healthy. My advice would be to see your GP and relay this information as SOON as possible. I don't mean to worry you, but this really should be dealt with immediately, as in time this could lead to further complications.

Sincerely
J.P. Cubert

Why do you feel the need to be a troll, dude?
Original post by Alaric III
Why do you feel the need to be a troll, dude?

Not a troll, and I do apologise if I gave that impression, I'm new to posting on a forum site, and clearly I still have some things to learn! However, as a medical student of 4 years I just wished to make you aware of the potential issues this condition can cause, such as serious problems with fertility. With the current precarious state the NHS in, and the difficulties people can face in getting the help they may need, I am merely trying to assist to the best of my knowledge and abilities. I do hope that this has been helpful in some way, Alaric III. Apologies for starting off so strong!

Sincerely
J.P. Cubert
Not a troll, and I do apologise if I gave that impression, I'm new to posting on a forum site, and clearly I still have some things to learn! However, as a medical student of 4 years I just wished to make you aware of the potential issues this condition can cause, such as serious problems with fertility. With the current precarious state the NHS in, and the difficulties people can face in getting the help they may need, I am merely trying to assist to the best of my knowledge and abilities. I do hope that this has been helpful in some way, Alaric III. Apologies for starting off so strong!

Sincerely
J.P. Cubert

And what in the OP's account of his sex life makes you think that he is likely to face serious problems with his fertility?

Sincerely
J.P. Cubert

Well as a future medical professional, if that is indeed true, you should already be aware that knowingly giving false medical information is against the GMC's guidelines of good practice. If your excuse is instead ignorance of how benign premature ejaculation is, then kindly keep quiet and educate yourself. There truly is no physiological basis for your claim. Your post is irresponsible at best and malicious at worst. Don't discredit our profession please...

Quick Reply

Latest