The Student Room Group

Why has my discharge got blood in it?

Is this normal - does any1 else get this?
Original post by Anonymous
Is this normal - does any1 else get this?

ehh...what do you mean?whats ur age and gender?
Original post by Saeed23
ehh...what do you mean?whats ur age and gender?

16 and female
16 and female

did you never got blood before in your discharge(vaginal discharge)?what is your question?
Original post by Saeed23
did you never got blood before in your discharge(vaginal discharge)?what is your question?

No i didn't it used to just be a clear sort of colour but now i get a small amount of blood in it about a week after ive finished my period
/

No i didn't it used to just be a clear sort of colour but now i get a small amount of blood in it about a week after ive finished my period

well...this isn't an easy question..firstly,for how long did you have your last periods(duration),secondly, do you have irregular periods or any other issue concerning your reproductive health or nutrition?i'd rather you monitor it for a few days or month or two(i believe it will come for few days,bcz my sister has experienced this).just check if this is repeated the next consecutive month...if it is,then consult a gyneacologist,if it isn't,it may be due to hormonal imbalance or due to change in external factors(my sister had when she ate higher quantity of food that are hot in nature)...so don't worry and stay calm...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Saeed23
/

well...this isn't an easy question..firstly,for how long did you have your last periods(duration),secondly, do you have irregular periods or any other issue concerning your reproductive health or nutrition?i'd rather you monitor it for a few days or month or two(i believe it will come for few days,bcz my sister has experienced this).just check if this is repeated the next consecutive month...if it is,then consult a gyneacologist,if it isn't,it may be due to hormonal imbalance or due to change in external factors(my sister had when she ate higher quantity of food that are hot in nature)...so don't worry and stay calm...

My period lasts about 1 week/1week and a few days before the bleeding stops completely, and I've never had an irregular period, I always get it every 4 weeks. I've never had any reproductive health issues either, and this blood in my discharge has only occured the past few months - and is a very small amount too. It might possibly just be some spotting - which i understand is completely normal. - thankx for telling my not to worry and that your sister has experienced this - it makes me feel a lot better!
My period lasts about 1 week/1week and a few days before the bleeding stops completely, and I've never had an irregular period, I always get it every 4 weeks. I've never had any reproductive health issues either, and this blood in my discharge has only occured the past few months - and is a very small amount too. It might possibly just be some spotting - which i understand is completely normal. - thankx for telling my not to worry and that your sister has experienced this - it makes me feel a lot better!

well, spotting after periods have completed is not actually considered normal...i'd rather you check with a gynaecologist to clear any doubts...my sister had once or twice,and she immediately stopped taking higher quanities of food hot in nature and it stopped...if you're having this issue for a while, then please take precautionary measures and ensure that this issue is solved...

Quick Reply

Latest