The Student Room Group

13 dates in. Could he be seeing me just out of boredom?

I (21F) met this guy (24M) via bumble 6 weeks ago only but we have had 13 dates so far. I like him. When we sleep together, he does try to initiate sex but I'm not ready yet and he respects that. We had sex once (4th date) but it was so awkward to me.

I like him but I realise I have been acting otherwise. No surprise, he takes 24h to reply. But i mean we still continue going out. We make out but no sex cuz i guess he knows i will say no. Last date was saturday. We had dinner then went to a techno rave together. I slept at his after and we had breakfast together.

Anyways, he does text me after every date and still does. But he just takes forever to reply.

**could he be continuing to see me just out of boredom or loneliness? Do guys do that ?**
Original post by Anonymous
I (21F) met this guy (24M) via bumble 6 weeks ago only but we have had 13 dates so far. I like him. When we sleep together, he does try to initiate sex but I'm not ready yet and he respects that. We had sex once (4th date) but it was so awkward to me.

I like him but I realise I have been acting otherwise. No surprise, he takes 24h to reply. But i mean we still continue going out. We make out but no sex cuz i guess he knows i will say no. Last date was saturday. We had dinner then went to a techno rave together. I slept at his after and we had breakfast together.

Anyways, he does text me after every date and still does. But he just takes forever to reply.

**could he be continuing to see me just out of boredom or loneliness? Do guys do that ?**

Maybe he doesn't have that many options and so he is thinking "I can't do any better so I might as well just keep dating this girl". Some men can be "clingy" in this way because they may feel they don't have a lot of options. I've never dated anyone but I was clingy / infatuated with a girl.

He obviously likes you on some level because he wouldn't keep going on these dates if he didn't. But you need to be more honest with him. You like him but you've been acting otherwise, why is that? Was it because of the sex? Are you scared? Are you insecure? Are you anxious? You need to communicate with him. Unfortunately, and I say this not as a person who has experience in romantic relationships but as a man in his 30s who has had many non-romantic, often professional, relationships with women, we men are generally not mind readers. Sometimes you women have to lay it out for us in an language that is easy to comprehend 😄
Do you think you'll ever be ready for intimacy together?
He could be in a very busy and stressful job, or one that restricts his use of a mobile phone (or he could be a caller rather than a texter).
It's good that you like him, and still want to see him on dates, but don't you think it's time to either make it official that you both are bf/gf and step it up with the intimacy, or do you see it more of a guy to just date, spend time with but no real future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending