The Student Room Group

Help with understanding deferring and how firm and insurance choices work??

I have 3 conditionals offers and 1 unconditional offer. If I set my firm to be my favourite conditional uni, and don't end up meeting the tariff points requirements at the end of the year, do I then automatically get a place at my unconditional I set as my insurance?

Also i'm deferring for my gap year so I finish my A-Levels this year but start in 2024 and I can't find information anywhere on whether I need to apply for my loan or accommodation now or next year?

Thanks,
Noah
Original post by noahjcraven
I have 3 conditionals offers and 1 unconditional offer. If I set my firm to be my favourite conditional uni, and don't end up meeting the tariff points requirements at the end of the year, do I then automatically get a place at my unconditional I set as my insurance?

Also i'm deferring for my gap year so I finish my A-Levels this year but start in 2024 and I can't find information anywhere on whether I need to apply for my loan or accommodation now or next year?

Thanks,
Noah

Hey Noah, hope you are well.

I'm in the same boat, and I may be able to help.

Yes, you will get a place offered at your unconditional offer, if the first one doesn't go to plan. I have done the same thing too, great minds think alike, haha.

I'm not deferring, but I do know that you can make a headstart on your loan/student finance application. Just don't click submit until you are ready to go to University after your GAP year. I am pretty sure that you apply for accommodation next year too.

Hope this helps,
Poppy
Original post by noahjcraven

Not quite. If your firm chooses not to accept you, (they still might, even if you miss their offer), then you'll be automatically accepted by your insurance if it's an unconditional offer.
If you are deferred to 2024 then you do not apply for Student Finance or Uni accommodation until this time next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending