The Student Room Group

Is my height too short?

I just turned 13 recently, female, and I think I started puberty at around 9-10. I'd say I probably am in my last 1-2 years of growth, since the past two years I've only gained like 4 inches in total. My mother is 5'4 and my dad is 5'5.

Right now I'm a tiny bit over 5'2 (I'm 158cm), but I just feel like I'm not growing anymore since this year I've only gained about 1cm and it's been 4 months.

I'm just wondering if my height will affect my future like dating relationships...Like rn I'm not at all concerned about dating and stuff, and is more focused on studies, but I'm still interested to know whether me being short-ish (idk what final adult height I'd be but probably 100% below 5'5) will affect how people (especially taller guys) see me in a negative way.

Also, if anyone has any similar experiences, maybe you could give me a height predict xD. Based on the online websites I've found on height predicts, I'd end up around my mom's height. Which I'm happy with. It's just that I feel like I'm rather short in my grade and everyone's growing so much xD (especially the boys).

Thanks for reading this, have a good day!
Hi,

I hope I can help you in some way! I can relate to some extent, as I spent my teens hung up on feeling like I was too tall for a girl and being one of the tallest in my classes 🤷🏼*♀️ I understand your worries but honestly, you don’t have anything to be worried about! I am now 23 and just short of 5’8 😊 I have friends (male and female) of all different shapes and sizes, including boys who are shorter than me and girls who are over 6 foot. Height really isn’t anything to stress about! After all you can’t change it and I promise you, that it will not play a huge role in dating as you get older 😊 There is so much more to relationships and how people perceive you than just how tall you are so please don’t worry about it (easier said than done I know 😊). Personally, I am envious of your height and how tall you think you will be! After all, you’re of perfect height to pull off high heels (something I can’t really wear without looking like a giant 😂).

Basically all I can say is you’re still young and will definitely have a few more years of your body growing and changing (usually until you’re around 21). So try not to give it too much thought and beyond initial physical attraction - some people preferring their partner to be taller or shorter than them - it won’t really play a role in your love life or have any negative impact at all 😊 hope this puts your mind at rest and I hope you have a lovely day 😊

Edit - I can’t really help with any height predictions. Sorry 😊 All I can tell you is that my Mother is only 5’2 and my Father is 6’3. My brother is 6 foot and both he and I both take after my dad on height and build. Hope this helps in some way 🙂
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sparklered1
Hi,

I hope I can help you in some way! I can relate to some extent, as I spent my teens hung up on feeling like I was too tall for a girl and being one of the tallest in my classes 🤷🏼*♀️ I understand your worries but honestly, you don’t have anything to be worried about! I am now 23 and just short of 5’8 😊 I have friends (male and female) of all different shapes and sizes, including boys who are shorter than me and girls who are over 6 foot. Height really isn’t anything to stress about! After all you can’t change it and I promise you, that it will not play a huge role in dating as you get older 😊 There is so much more to relationships and how people perceive you than just how tall you are so please don’t worry about it (easier said than done I know 😊). Personally, I am envious of your height and how tall you think you will be! After all, you’re of perfect height to pull off high heels (something I can’t really wear without looking like a giant 😂).

Basically all I can say is you’re still young and will definitely have a few more years of your body growing and changing (usually until you’re around 21). So try not to give it too much thought and beyond initial physical attraction - some people preferring their partner to be taller or shorter than them - it won’t really play a role in your love life or have any negative impact at all 😊 hope this puts your mind at rest and I hope you have a lovely day 😊

Edit - I can’t really help with any height predictions. Sorry 😊 All I can tell you is that my Mother is only 5’2 and my Father is 6’3. My brother is 6 foot and both he and I both take after my dad on height and build. Hope this helps in some way 🙂

Thanks so much for responding! This does help me. Hope you have a good day!
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks so much for responding! This does help me. Hope you have a good day!

No problem at all 😊 let me know if you need any more advice or reassurance
That's not an issue at all. Maintain your confidence. In order to demonstrate the height of your talent and success, you should become bold and courageous. You seem to have some self-esteem issues related to your stature. Because of this inherent variation in human anatomy, there is no universally applicable solution to this problem. However, you should keep in mind that your physical stature is only one facet of your overall uniqueness and worth. What are your thoughts on who you are? Tell me about some of your best qualities. Don't let your height define you; instead, think about what makes you unique. This is simply Understanding the capabilities of these two resources makes this an engaging and vital discussion topic. The police and other organizations have been using polygraphs to find dishonest employees for decades. The relatively new field of voice stress detection has applications in both security and counterintelligence. Here, we'll look at the similarities and differences between these two resources. :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest