The Student Room Group

Do I have a potential stalker?

I know it’s only happened recently but yesterday, I was getting the bus from a friends into a local area and a guy that I had once seen on my bus home was getting on the bus and then off the same bus stop as me. He was with a friend or another guy at this time and he started talking to me and asking me where I’m headed off to. Because I’ve seen this guy before and they were both looking at me very weirdly I panicked and didn’t know what to respond. In the end I just said home. I knew that was a bad idea to tell a stranger I’m going home but I couldn’t think of anything else to say because of the panic that I’ve seen this guy before and he’s attempted to speak to me before (I can’t remember the other times. His face is just very familiar).

As I was getting off the bus I overtook the 2 of them and walked indoors into a more public area. I could still hear them talking behind me, so I decided to go to my local gym and see if they followed me there. They didn’t. But I knew that the guy who spoke to me got the same bus as me as I saw him on it before, so I decided to get the next bus.

The next day (today). I was dropped off at the station so I could go to work and as soon as I walked through the doors, the same guy was there. He even tried to say hello. I tried to ignore him. I went up to the self pay machine and he came up to me and asked me where I’m going. I responded with “somewhere” and he asked if I’ll be back and my response was yes. At that point i looked away, making no eye contact with him and my dad came in to help me pay. When he saw my dad with me he walked away.

If anyone knows what sort of behaviour this could be that would be great. I’m only 16 and Ive never experienced anything like this before so idk if it should be taken into concern or not.
He's not a stalker. He just happens to travel at similar times of day to you. I can think of several strangers I see everyday on my commute.

Be blunt and say you aren't interested in talking to him. If he's a remotely decent person he'll respect your wishes.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
He's not a stalker. He just happens to travel at similar times of day to you. I can think of several strangers I see everyday on my commute.

Be blunt and say you aren't interested in talking to him. If he's a remotely decent person he'll respect your wishes.

Thank you for the reply. If I see him again and he tries to speak to me or ask me where I’m going again I’ll just say I’m not interested in talking to him.

If he still continues after I’ve told him not to what should I do then?
Original post by 1582

I disagree, why would an adult man still be talking with OP when they’re a stranger and clearly uncomfortable as well as being close to them?
Original post by Anonymous
I disagree, why would an adult man still be talking with OP when they’re a stranger and clearly uncomfortable as well as being close to them?

As well as suddenly disappearing when OP’s dad comes🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending