The Student Room Group

What is it like to study Physiotherapy

I’m interested in becoming a physio, currently in year 12 studying a levels, I have done 2 days work experience at a private MSK physical and could definitely imagine myself working in physio (I am aware there are other aspects of physio too not just msk) and I am going to do 3 days work experience at a hospital (I think it’s private) as it’s so difficult to get in the NHS (I have applied so will see if they get back to me although I don’t know anyone who works in NHS). Just wanted to know what it is like to study it and also employability. In addition I am also aware of the uni entry requirements but if anyone has applied/is studying/ has graduated and wouldn’t mind telling me what stats they applied with (grades, subjects, work experience)
Thanks so much
Reply 1
Original post by Milliewest2
I’m interested in becoming a physio, currently in year 12 studying a levels, I have done 2 days work experience at a private MSK physical and could definitely imagine myself working in physio (I am aware there are other aspects of physio too not just msk) and I am going to do 3 days work experience at a hospital (I think it’s private) as it’s so difficult to get in the NHS (I have applied so will see if they get back to me although I don’t know anyone who works in NHS). Just wanted to know what it is like to study it and also employability. In addition I am also aware of the uni entry requirements but if anyone has applied/is studying/ has graduated and wouldn’t mind telling me what stats they applied with (grades, subjects, work experience)
Thanks so much

Hiya!
I'm a y13 who's applied and recieved all 5 interviews and offers for uni to study physio.
I have predicted grades of AAB studying biology, psychology and geography!
Work experience wise you're already ahead of the game compared to other yr 12's, I was able to do 1 virtual AHP work experience with Springpod, then 3 days at Hillingdon Hospital's Intermediate Care unit and 1 week at RNOH in multiple wards and sectors.
Original post by S.Ade
Hiya!
I'm a y13 who's applied and recieved all 5 interviews and offers for uni to study physio.
I have predicted grades of AAB studying biology, psychology and geography!
Work experience wise you're already ahead of the game compared to other yr 12's, I was able to do 1 virtual AHP work experience with Springpod, then 3 days at Hillingdon Hospital's Intermediate Care unit and 1 week at RNOH in multiple wards and sectors.

Thanks so much for your reply ! If you don’t mind me asking but what universities did you apply to ? Congrats on all of your offers that is amazing
Reply 3
Original post by Milliewest2
Thanks so much for your reply ! If you don’t mind me asking but what universities did you apply to ? Congrats on all of your offers that is amazing

No worries at all, i applied to UoNottingham, UoSouthampton, UoBirmingham, Cardiff Uni and Manchester Met

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending