The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons for extra funding?

I'm already repeating the first year of my foundation degree in Uni, so I've already used up my extra year of funding.

Unfortunately due to mental health beyond my control, which I've now gotten treatment for, I will most likely fail two modules this year which will make me unable to progress. Would applying for CPR help me get the extra funding I need to repeat the year?
Original post by Wolfe17
I'm already repeating the first year of my foundation degree in Uni, so I've already used up my extra year of funding.

Unfortunately due to mental health beyond my control, which I've now gotten treatment for, I will most likely fail two modules this year which will make me unable to progress. Would applying for CPR help me get the extra funding I need to repeat the year?

Hi there, Yes, we can consider awarding you an additional year of funding based on CPR. You’ll need to send a letter to us detailing your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.
Where applicable, we recommend the evidence is:
- Signed and dated
- Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place
Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include:
- Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper

Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Yes, we can consider awarding you an additional year of funding based on CPR. You’ll need to send a letter to us detailing your Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.
Where applicable, we recommend the evidence is:
- Signed and dated
- Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place
Photocopies of all evidence can be accepted and this evidence can include:
- Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper

Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela
Thanks for your response. What would be the best way to submit, I've already uploaded all the necessary documents through the evidence upload portal on my SFE account will that do?
Original post by Wolfe17
Hi Angela
Thanks for your response. What would be the best way to submit, I've already uploaded all the necessary documents through the evidence upload portal on my SFE account will that do?

Hi there, Yes, the evidence can be uploaded via your online account. Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Yes, the evidence can be uploaded via your online account. Thanks, Angela

Hi again

Apologies for another question, will it still be looked at even if I didn't change anything in my application/wasn't asked to submit it?
Original post by Wolfe17
Hi again

Apologies for another question, will it still be looked at even if I didn't change anything in my application/wasn't asked to submit it?

Hi Wolfe17,

Yes, it will still be logged and reviewed however, they might review it again when you make the relevant application.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending