The Student Room Group

Oxbridge and WJEC Criminology Level 3??

My friend takes 'The WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology ' as one of her options in sixth form along with two other proper A-Levels.

I was wondering if there'd be a feasible chance for her to apply to Oxbridge with this as technically she is only taking 2 A-Levels. She should be on track to get all the top grades, but I can't find anything saying they accept it and we were wondering if there was a chance that Oxbridge would accept it as a A-Level equivalent.

Our school advertises the option very much as a normal A-Level (which is terrible of them because it ropes a lot of students into thinking they're going to get 3 A Levels when they're only going to end up with 2) so she's definitely feeling nervous at the prospect of basically applying to any university with only two A-Levels because she wasn't told this when she first selected her A Level options.
There is problem with this qualification in that some universities do not accept it at all so your friend would have only 2 A levels. I dont know about Oxbridge but some top universities dont accept it. She would need to check with universities she is interested in going to.
I have taken this from UCL and others dont accept it as well

WJEC Applied Generals
The WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology is only accepted for entry to the BSc Crime and Security Science programme, and the Engineering Foundation Year programmes. This qualification is not accepted for any other programme at UCL.

All other WJEC Applied Generals are not accepted for any UCL Undergraduate programme, except for the Engineering Foundation Year programmes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending