The Student Room Group

Changing Course and University

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I am currently a first year undergraduate student at SOAS and I am currently receiving student finance. I will be withdrawing from my course early this month due to personal health issues and because the current course isn't something I am passionate about - I have contacted my university about this and will also inform student finance when the services are back online, next Tuesday.

I am planning on transferring to another course at another university this September and was wondering what steps I would need to take to change my details on student finance and if I will still be eligible for student finance for this new course?

Thank you.
Jason
Original post by Jason1443
Hi,

I hope you are well.

I am currently a first year undergraduate student at SOAS and I am currently receiving student finance. I will be withdrawing from my course early this month due to personal health issues and because the current course isn't something I am passionate about - I have contacted my university about this and will also inform student finance when the services are back online, next Tuesday.

I am planning on transferring to another course at another university this September and was wondering what steps I would need to take to change my details on student finance and if I will still be eligible for student finance for this new course?

Thank you.
Jason

Hi Jason,

When you withdraw, we will require a Change of Circumstances from your university to confirm the date you last attended your course. Once this is received and processed our assessors will recalculate your entitlement for the length of time you attended the course which may lead to an overpayment which will be removed from your future entitlement.

You will then need to apply as a new student for the academic year 23/24 to apply for the new course.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Jason,

When you withdraw, we will require a Change of Circumstances from your university to confirm the date you last attended your course. Once this is received and processed our assessors will recalculate your entitlement for the length of time you attended the course which may lead to an overpayment which will be removed from your future entitlement.

You will then need to apply as a new student for the academic year 23/24 to apply for the new course.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your support.

Just wondering if it would be possible for me to apply for student finance as a new student for my course now or if I would need to wait for the change of circumstances from my current university to be processed? Slightly worried because the deadline is almost coming.

Thanks.
Original post by Jason1443
Hi Clare,

Thank you for your support.

Just wondering if it would be possible for me to apply for student finance as a new student for my course now or if I would need to wait for the change of circumstances from my current university to be processed? Slightly worried because the deadline is almost coming.

Thanks.

Hi Jason,

You can try however, the system may not allow this as your application usually will automatically go through as a returning student. Alternatively, you can post a paper PN1 form while we wait on the withdrawal coming through from the university.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137617/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending