The Student Room Group

What kinda people is there at uni ?

So going to uni this sep.

I wanna be in a relationship but as I cant club due to parent reasons, Im scared that there will be no one for me especially when my type is english/european girls.

Reason being is that I will have to get married and my parents would not want my wife to be doing those things.

I dont mind if she clubs and long as she isnt cheating on me but you know would feel that will be right.

does my fictional character exist.

If u r being specific its for the university of roehampton London

Anyways any advise ????
Bypass your parents preferences? If you're living away from home then it doesn't matter what they think - this is your opportunity to step into adulthood and make your own decisions and experience life. Can't say much about the dating (only you can figure that one out) and I've not gone to a UK university but I'd imagine you should meet people from all over the world and from all different type of backgrounds.
I hope that I do move out but isnt a guarantee.

Anyone from a UK university?? Even better if from a London one.

I genuinely have no idea as my type is quite rare from the area that I live in hence I dont really know.
any advise
Honestly you’ll find every sort of person imaginable at university, so the answer to your question is yes.
There are plenty of British and international single female students from European countries studying at the Uni of Roehampton.
Many will be more focused on their studies and favourite student society activities than regularly going clubbing.

Even more will not be open to having student relationships that could progress to the marriage.
I doubt that many English women with UK citizenship or international students raised within Europe holding sole citizenship of a European nation will be keen to consider entering into any close involvement with any guy whose overbearing parents overseas currently prohibit him from going clubbing and will force him to get married to a woman that they approve of in the future after he has graduated.
Best to focus on your studies, having a large social circle as a uni student and making career plans for after you have graduated.
Then look for a compatible wife when you have a degree and regular employment.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
There are plenty of British and international single female students from European countries studying at the Uni of Roehampton.
Many will be more focused on their studies and favourite student society activities than regularly going clubbing.

Even more will not be open to having student relationships that could progress to the marriage.
I doubt that many English women with UK citizenship or international students raised within Europe holding sole citizenship of a European nation will be keen to consider entering into any close involvement with any guy whose overbearing parents overseas currently prohibit him from going clubbing and will force him to get married to a woman that they approve of in the future after he has graduated.
Best to focus on your studies, having a large social circle as a uni student and making career plans for after you have graduated.
Good luck!

Thanks for your reply.

WDUM progress to the marriage.

OFC not as in getting married asap like in a few years time. Basically keeping it a secret relationship until we are ready to progress things further then I will let my parents know. Then marriage.

My parents arent that strict especially when they are from a different nationality.

I wont be strict but basically my parents knowing that shes a good person but anything she wants to do I dont mind.
Original post by londonmyst

Good luck!

So your saying that student relationship cant lead to marriage.

One of my friends met this girl origanally from Ireland and basically changed religions, got married and has had kids. For her age which is no more than 25 is quite weird tbh.

But anyway back to main point students dont wanna get married ??
Original post by Anonymous
I hope that I do move out but isnt a guarantee.

Anyone from a UK university?? Even better if from a London one.

I genuinely have no idea as my type is quite rare from the area that I live in hence I dont really know.

By "type" do you just mean someone that doesn't club? Because i know that lots of girls (including me) aren't that interested in clubbing. Everyone's different, and there certainly are people that won't go clubbing.
Thanks for your reply.

WDUM progress to the marriage.

OFC not as in getting married asap like in a few years time. Basically keeping it a secret relationship until we are ready to progress things further then I will let my parents know. Then marriage.

My parents arent that strict especially when they are from a different nationality.

I wont be strict but basically my parents knowing that shes a good person but anything she wants to do I dont mind.

I'm sure I don't speak for everyone, but I'm sure many girls would not want to be in a secret relationship for years and then have to get married. People (especially students) are more interested in freedom and seeing how things go rather than knowing they will have to end up marries if they date you - they've got their whole life ahead and don't want to be tied down right away.
So your saying that student relationship cant lead to marriage.

One of my friends met this girl origanally from Ireland and basically changed religions, got married and has had kids. For her age which is no more than 25 is quite weird tbh.

But anyway back to main point students dont wanna get married ??

No, my parents met as students.

Most UK and European students studying at the Uni of Roehampton are not looking to get into serious relationships.
More focused on student activities and their studies.

The majority of British and European undergrad students going to unis in England are not looking to get married or have families early.
Some very religious students and conservative women who want to be tradwives are willing to get married not long after after they have graduated.
Original post by Emmmaaaa...
By "type" do you just mean someone that doesn't club? Because i know that lots of girls (including me) aren't that interested in clubbing. Everyone's different, and there certainly are people that won't go clubbing.

Rly thats what I mainly wanted 2 know.

OFC just starting things out.

But things can steadily progress.

I myself dont want things to go that quickly.

Like I wanna get married before 30 which sounds quite reasonable.

But yh just keeping myself open then see where things go
Rly thats what I mainly wanted 2 know.

OFC just starting things out.

But things can steadily progress.

I myself dont want things to go that quickly.

Like I wanna get married before 30 which sounds quite reasonable.

But yh just keeping myself open then see where things go

Yep 30 is definitely reasonable and achievable - many people meet future partners at uni. Just so long as you aren't too intense/pressuring about the whole wanting to get married thing, you'll be fine.
Yh I hope so.

Percentage wise how much do u think that there is who arent interested in clubbing.
I dont had that wrong impression.

Cos I feel like thats what everyone want to do at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending